Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • bike park wales
  • jedi

i’m there tomorrow and thursday and was wondering where’s good to go out to eat at night around there?

Mister-P
    Free Member

We ended up in Nandos one night and Frankie & Bennies the second night. Not sure Merthyr is a culinary hotspot. Although the hotel I stayed in last time did serve a superb moules mariniere starter and a cracking sea bream for main. HERE if anyone is interested.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Must be a curry house about.

When I stayed in Glyncorrwg about the only “restaurant” for miles was a Thai/Indian place over in Treorchy. An “interesting” town let’s say. The Thai was not bad though. Bit of a trek from Merthyr though, though was even further from Glyncorrwg.

mcnultycop

15 minute drive, but a steak up at the Nant Ddu Lodge is spot on (I used to live there 3 days a week with work and stayed there when I visited BPW).

cubemeup
    Free Member

try alfreds or the bunch of grapes in pontypridd only 10min down the road. there is a grill house in pontypridd if you like that sought of food or you can always visit pubs around the brecon area which only 20mins north on the a470

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Had a very tasty curry, with very good service at Moksh in Merthyr.

Also, excellent kebab to be had across the road from The Vulcan.

The Vulcan…….. *shudders*

P-Jay
    Free Member

It’s a 20-30 min drive to Cardiff from BPW, endless choice.

cubemeup
    Free Member

like P-Jay said Cardiff by train would be your best bet from Merthyr theres loads of eating places there now.

jedi

we staying in travellodge so needs to be cab distance 🙂

i’m veggie too

RobHilton
    Free Member

travellodge

kettle provided – pot noodle FTW :mrgreen:

jedi

heh heh heh

deviant
    Free Member

Man-flu depending I’m there tomorrow too, what you riding Jedi?

jedi

my yellow bottlerocket.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

There’s a really good Indian just up the road from the Wetherspoons/Town Hall.

bgd
    Free Member

+1 for the Indian. Was there a few weeks ago and it was great.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

We ended up in Nandos one night and Frankie & Bennies the second night.

😆 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There’s a really good Indian just up the road from the Wetherspoons/Town Hall.

Assuming you mean the one I mentioned above? If so, IIRC, their vegetablist menu was pretty good. Worth a call/look, I’d say!

Incidentally, the ‘Spoons in Merthyr is a great way to start a night out. Some excellent beer (Yes, really!) and brilliant people watching. Then, on to the Vulcan once you’re properly “in the mood” as it were. Street theatre of the finest order and a great night out!

Have done breakfast at Frankie & Bennie’s before, and to be honest, it was just what we wanted! Endless mugs of black coffee, and a pile of fried food as big as a small hill.

p7rich
    Free Member

If you’re staying at the ‘Lodge over the road from BPW there a generic harvester-type restaurant right next door. Nothing to get excited about but the food is dead cheap & perfectly edible + the beer and staff are OK. Just really convenient.

milky1980
    Free Member

Seeing as everyone’s covered the food I’ll give you a little heads-up on the trail conditions (was there today). Watch out for ice!! The temperature was dropping fast on my last two runs and a lot of the corners and jump landings have pools of water in them which will freeze as it’s a clearish sky tonight.

I know you can handle the bike fine but it would feel strange if I hadn’t at least said something and you’d put it on the floor.

timmys

Abergavenny is a bit of a foodie hotspot and less than 30 min away.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Ask Jason one of the bus drivers he went here tonight and said it was the best curry he’s had in ages http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1474085-d3982527-Reviews-Mango_House-Merthyr_Tydfil_Merthyr_Tydfil_County_Southern_Wales_Wales.html

valleydaddy
    Free Member

also Nando’s, Chinese restaurant, Frankie and Benny’s, Harvester and a pub/restaurant all by the Premier Inn and not forgetting a McD’s.

Painey
    Free Member

When I stayed in Glyncorrwg about the only “restaurant” for miles was a Thai/Indian place over in Treorchy

Should have tried the Refresh pub in Cymmer. Can usually get a huge dinner in there for not much money. Great food in a decent pub, what’s not to like?!

I heartily recommend a cab to Neath Workies afterwards if it’s a Friday night. Now that’s an experience!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘bike park wales’ is closed to new replies.