Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike packing with kids
  • tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Thinking of doing a few days (2 or 3) during the Easter break probably as some sort of loop.

Live down South (read Surrey) so don’t mind travelling a few hours (to Exmoor or Dartmoor?)

Kids are 9&8 and fairly competent on the bike.

Anyone have any suggestions/tips/recommendations?

Thanks

flatfish
    Free Member

Teddy Bear Bones

Ioneonic

Interested in this as well. Anyone?

Yak

Look up richpips of this parish as he and minipips have done an enormous amount of bikepacking and will no doubt have all aspects of this fully dialled.

http://minipips.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-max=2015-07-27T14:57:00%2B01:00&max-results=7

Blog page with the ht500, kit list etc.

Gunz
    Free Member

I take my kids (7 and 10) away bike camping quite a lot. It might not fit the minimalist bikepacking ideal you’re after but I take all our kit in the double berth bike trailer they’re now too big for. Plenty of room for tent, sleeping bags, cooking equipment etc and it means I get a bit of a workout too. If you’re coming to Deveon area I can recommend the Camel Trail and Granite Way. These are more Sustrans type routes but the scenery is lovely and it’s a reasonable distance if you start one end, camp the other and return the next day.
    After a healthy day of cycling and then a nice pub meal we all settle into the tent to watch a film I’ve downloaded on the Hudl in our ‘mini cinema’ – great fun.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Thanks Gunz will look up the two trails.

Yak thanks for the link some really good info on richpips blog

benp1

The Teddy Bear Bones event is organised on the Bear Bones Bikepacking forum, for anyone interested

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike packing with kids’ is closed to new replies.