Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bike-packing the GR5 Part 6 (The day we rode down a cliff!)
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Sorry I haven’t posted in a little while, mainly sorry to Tonto and Dickyboy who have been asking after the next instalment 😉 but I have been away actually riding my bike a fair bit recently so not sat down and written another instalment of the GR5 trip from last summer. But here it is finally!

We are on to Day 6 (of 9) and it was fantastic day of riding, conquering a couple of big passes, riding through some fantastic scenery and riding down a pas called Le Pas de La Cavale which basically felt like we rode down/through a load of cliffs! Big exposure and steep mountainsides made for a scary descent.

Enjoy the photos and hopefully i’ll a bit quicker to write the next one.

Day 6 – Col de Mallemort – St-Dalmas-Le-Selvage

Overview

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Dickyboy

Thanks – passed the series onto my riding buddy & I think he is keen to follow on your wheel tracks

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Nice one

tonto
    Free Member

I definitely want to do this in 2018, just need to persuade someone to join me.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

I’ll come with you! haha. Would definitely ride it again to be honest. I’ll hopefully be living in Norway by then though, you’re always welcome to come to Norway for some bike packing!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bike-packing the GR5 Part 6 (The day we rode down a cliff!)’ is closed to new replies.