Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • bike packing technique(s)
  • emanuel
    Free Member

I’m flying in a week or so and got a crc bike bag in the ‘sale’.
    Any tips for packing?I thought I’d get a smallish frame,and 3 sets of wheels in,but I can’t seem to do better than frame+2 wheelsets.

Any hints,tips,general advice?I’ve put the frame in the middle,got wheel bags for the wheels,old padded envelopes for everything else.
    dropped the fork,but there seems to be a lot of tight bits and empty bits.makes it unstable.and more vulnerable.
    thanks.

d45yth
    Free Member

Hi,
    Why the need for three sets of wheels?!? If you do manage to get everything packed up, you may be over the maximum weight limit anyway (usually 32kgs)? You should maybe post some of the wheels to your destination?
    I took my bike to Spain in the New Year…Its packed weight was close to 30kgs with one set of wheels! That was with a spare set of tyres and tools though.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

This is an easy one.

Ditch two sets of wheels.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    emanuel
    Free Member

ha.thanks,but they’re for a couple of extra frames I have on the other side and wanted to build up.

weight should be ok.it’s all road/xc stuff.comes in at about 32
    I think I can get 5 wheels in there.plus the frame.and two forks.and two transmissions.and some clothes.one bike and 4 wheels is easyish.
    I just hope they don’t ask me to open it up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘bike packing technique(s)’ is closed to new replies.