• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by tomj.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bike or canoe – lake district conditions
  • tomj
    Free Member

As the title says really. Got a day off next week and thinking of heading to the Lakes for a ride. Weather has been so awful I’ve not been out much and getting cabin fever! Obvious choice for me would be Grizedale. How are the trails after all the rain? Thinking of doing some loop around the forest using a mix of TNF (mainly for the climb) and some natural descents.

Or is everything so wet I’m better off sticking on the man-made and heading to Whinlatter?

Thanks

senorj

I was talking to me mammy earlier,canoe!!

matt_outandabout

Canoe. Rivers are up.

thekettle
    Free Member

I was in Grizedale today, it’s fine and it didn’t rain all day! A few large puddles to be expected on the Fox descent and bits of TNF, but the rest is fast draining rock. Rivers are up too, bring both 😀

liquid
    Free Member

I’m boating tomorrow, based in Cumbria and its *hitting it down

boxelder

Whinlatter’s horrid when really wet. Borrowdale Bash.

jonba
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member
    Canoe. Rivers are up.

tomj doesn’t give the impression of being an experienced boater. Rivers might not be suitable or a novice this weekend.

thekettle
    Free Member

If you are an experienced boater, it’ll be ace tomorrow, all the becks are up, pretty much everything will be in condition, the Greta and Eden are expected to flood, Lune has flood warnings on it too. Highest levels are in NW lakes, but expect it all to be massive.

tomj
    Free Member

Sorry – I think I gave the wrong impressionn!! I am not at boater at all. Just wondering if the trails were currently more suited to a boat than a bike.

Thanks for the tips though – think I will look at Grizedale

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bike or canoe – lake district conditions’ is closed to new replies.