Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Bike on WizzAir flight?
  • moridinbg
    Free Member

I will be flying with WizzAir in two weeks and want to bring my bike. Now the price is a bit steep – £34 in each direction and I would have to buy a bike bag for this. I could send it overland for £20, but it takes a week and I will have to get a travelcard to commute to work, while still here, so it defeats the savings. And who knows what would be falling over my bike in the truck…
    Has anybody any experience with Wizz in this regard? Good? Bad? They state that they accept bikes in nylon bags. I think to get this one, as it’s the cheapest one I could find – http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ctc-plastic-bike-bag hope it would be OK (will ask them in an email as well)
    Also can I pack some tools with the bike? I will be travelling only with hand luggage, so can’t put them in the check-in

Liftman

I wouldn’t use the bag you have highlighted, you have seen how baggage handlers handle luggage !, get a padded bag at least.

kayak23

Go to a bike shop and get a bike box. Free, and better than a sandwich bag…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Got a bike box from a bike shop free and worth 100x more than the plastic wrap idea.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bike on WizzAir flight?’ is closed to new replies.