Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bike on Eurostar in Bike bag
  • thickens
    Free Member

So im trying to work out if you can take a bike on Eurostar in a bike bag (big dakine one with wheels)
    Its over the 85cm rule.
    But ive heard if you dont make a fuss, its fine ?

Does anyone have any experience ?

On the TGV is easy enough, ive seen Frenchies moving house using it 🙂

Cheeers

TheDoctor
    Free Member

never had a problem on Eurostar. Turned up with bike in bag, put bag in separate luggage car.

charliedontsurf

Rolled up to the station in Brussels bikes with panniers, no bike bags and it was fine…

gaberin
    Free Member

When I went there was very limited space and my bag just went in the aisle.
    Pretty sure the rule is no bigger than 120cm

souldrummer
    Free Member

It’s odd; for years I have taken a road bike over to Brussles in a bike bag with no problems as the ‘rule’ seemed to be; if you can carry it to the train you can put it on the train. I travelled over earlier this month and got an e-mail from Eurostar being very prescriptive about the size of luggage you can now take – i.e. no way could I take a bike bag. Thankfully this time I was going walking, but next year it could be a real problem as I intend to go via Brussels and then get the TGV to the Pyrenees. Whether this was a restriction just over the festive period when the trains were full I don’t know. It will be a PITA if it is the new reality!! It also seems odd that you can get a ticket with Eurostar which includes travel to any other Belgium station on trains which take bikes!! Weird.

thickens
    Free Member

Couple of people have told me now its usually alright.
    it is odd The TGV like you say is as much as you can carry.
    There is only one way to find out.
    Ill give it a try the end of Jan.
    I dont think it can beat Swiss trains for being pro Bike.

Thanks for reply’s, Great Help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bike on Eurostar in Bike bag’ is closed to new replies.