Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)
  • "Bike of the Decade" (2000-2010) – your nominations please!
  • craig_w
    Free Member

Another vote for the 04 Enduro…not that I’m biased!

craig_w
    Free Member

Another vote for the 04 Enduro!

DT78
    Free Member

SC Nomad.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Intense trace. The Host link one from 2001.

Zoolander
    Free Member

On one inbred or SC Superlight

But then I would say that 🙂

scud
    Free Member

The Trek EX8 for a change, fantastic bike that just get slightly better with each incarnation and totally flatters an average rider, for some reason it never gets the attention like the Five but I’ve owned both and love it.

Whyte1
    Free Member

Another vote for the 04 Enduro .

Gary_C

Another vote here for the ’04 Enduro.

AlasdairMc

2004 Enduro. Mine is also still going strong, great bike!

julians
    Free Member

05/06 enduro

or if we’re voting for a series of bikes, the enduro in general despite its dodgy 07-09 phase.

speaker2animals

hardtail – Cotic Soul, sus – Orange 5. Not cos they are British in particular but because they are evolved/refined designs. For me the Stumpy has done more than evolve, it is basically a number of different bikes that have shared a name.

Bit OT – for me the bike wearing the Stumpjumper name is now too “burly” I’d prefer the Camber to be the Stumpy and vice versa. Bit sad I suppose but just how I think of the Stumpjumper.

emac65
    Free Member

04 Enduro…t’was & is still a great bike.Might even ride mine again one day….

simondbarnes

Pompino

charliedontsurf

Niner SIR9
    Cos:
    it take a great material to a glorious extreme
    Clever EBB makes it compatible with hub gears, ss, fixed and you can even use a mech!
    How can a rigid bike be so smooth and capable

It won’t win cos very few people have the chance to ride one – our demo has done only a dozen demo rides.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Turner 5 Spot (in it’s HL incarnation)

Or the 04 Enduro (the poor man’s 5-Spot)

flamejob
    Free Member

The Pitch’s grandad gets my vote too…

2003/04 enduro has it for me.

FieldMarshall

Orange P7. Great do it all bike, that has been continually evolved over the years.

Likewise for the Five.

davidxbrown
    Free Member

Whyte 46

epicyclo

s – Member
    2nd vote for Jordan

It can’t be Jordan, she’s actually an earlier model that’s been extensively refurbished and given a new paint job.

richen987
    Free Member

+1 for the Orange P7 bought my first one in 1996 and got another one last year, seems to have continually evolved. great bikes.
    for full suss i love the Ibis Mojo, truely a beautiful bike

sherry
    Free Member

The bike that stepped things up for me was the Giant VT (2004/5 I think). The first bike for me that was capable of a bit of everything from XC to full on DH courses and was good at it. Enduro’s couldn’t take the hits like the VT could and yes I owned both.

HT would need to be the Cove HJ, Great bike.

Coyote
    Free Member

The Enduro is a very good choice. A bike that started the decade and has evolved with the progression of trails and ability.

Personally, I would shout for the Kona Stinky for the same reasons as above. It has evolved to meet the demands of it’s riders. I would kill to get my Stinky Six back… 😥

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Orange 5.

Lionheart
    Free Member

I have tried but I cannot pick one!!
    Never had the Enduro but do remember it as a transition moment to those sorts of bikes, one of the first to make gnar accessable to non-DH riders
    Spec Stumpy (x2 in the house) – great alround bike, very effective if a little safe 😉
    Inbred (x3 in the house) – great alround bike, alway good fun, amazing for the money
    SC Heckler – (only one) even better than the above two, again makes everything fun
    Orange Fives – (we have had two), very good, if alittle noisy and a touch clunky 😕
    And a vote for the Cotic Soul – an all time great HT – if I could only have one bike it would be one of these so I suppose I have voted!

UK-FLATLANDER

2004 Enduro
    Turner 5 Spot HL

Alpha1653

SC HECKLER!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve lusted after one since I was 12 and finally got one this year. I’m 27 and so, so happy with it!

juiced
    Free Member

heckler

samuri
    Free Member

Inbred
    Chameleon
    Enduro

Owned them all (still got the chameleon), all amazing bikes. Hard to choose between the inbred and chameleon for ‘most smiles per pound’ but I think the chameleon just wings it.

Dickyboy

Anyone on here actually ridden Jordan?

gibby

SC Nomad +1

Mugboo

Inbred

I’ve had the Original, 456 & Summer Season.

Surely it wins on numbers, simplicity, fun, being Northern and quite possibly showing us how much things should actually cost?

juan
    Free Member

No, that honour goes to the Cove Stiffee and the Santa Cruz Cameleon (sp?)

Nope neither, i think a kona of some sort did that (IIRC the chute)

As for bike of the decade stinky will get my vote. It can’t be the indred or any on-one lets face it. Once you’ve learn to sin and get to see other countries no-one (see what I did here I am pretty chuffed) knows what on-one is.

xiphon
    Free Member

Orange Patriot… which then morphed into the Five ( when will people accept it’s essentially the same simple can-crusher bike?? )

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Actually the Americans love the on-one 29ers.

metalheart
    Free Member

For me, personally, it would have to be the Cotic Soul.

And by a country mile.

I’ve had a heckler, a handjob, a motolite and a vf2.

Cotic has been the bike of choice since I bought it.

ronburgundy

Maverick ML7 – The early american built one’s. Beautiful.

MarkSS
    Free Member

+1 on the inbred

Simplicity, cost and most of all fun

Arcticdan
    Free Member

Cotic Bfe

jimster
    Free Member

Giant NRS.
    Specialized Epic.

lister

Kona Stinky…affordable full suspension that worked both down and up.
    Freeride/AM/whatever for the masses that couldn’t afford a Patriot/Heckler/5Spot…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘"Bike of the Decade" (2000-2010) – your nominations please!’ is closed to new replies.