Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • bike not used for a while… loose brake lever???
  • downs523
    Free Member

i haven’t used my bike for a good few weeks over the winter and got it out the other day from being in my garage/out shed and depressed the front brake lever and it came nearly all the way into the handle bar?? the rear brake handle is stiff and responsive like it should be but the front seems something is wrong? i cannot see any signs of any leaks? BTW my bike is a 2012 orange 5 S

any ideas?

_tom_
    Free Member

Sounds like the brake needs bleeding.

downs523
    Free Member

already.. thats pretty poo since its only a few months old 🙁

coatesy
    Free Member

You’re telling me, I have to bleed every set before I let them out of the workshop, and that’s on brand new bikes.

pdw
    Free Member

Do you store the bike upside down, or on a wall mount? I store mine on a wall mount, front wheel up, and the front brake often goes a bit spongy. Pumping it a few times sorts it out.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Similar problem with a pair of juicy 3’s, LBS advised to try putting an elastic band or a cable tie on the lever to keep it pulled back for an hour or two. It worked fine after that, they said the fluid can settle. Maybe worth a try before bleeding it. Hope you get it sorted.

downs523
    Free Member

thanks ill give that a try see if it sorts itself out, its currently stored on a wall mount in a horizontal position

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘bike not used for a while… loose brake lever???’ is closed to new replies.