Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Bike multi tool..Recommendations?
  • Johnboy373
    Free Member

I'm looking for a multi tool for fixing bike out on the trails

Any ideas?

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Crank Bros 19.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Got a top peak alien I have had for years – excellent bit of kit – its all I carry when out on the bike

uplink
    Free Member

The only piece of Crank Bros kit that I'd actually bother with are their multi-tools
    really quite good

Grimy
    Free Member

Look at your bike, any nuts? or is everything cap hear allen keys? Chances are youve no nuts, so you really dont need an alien multitool with a bunch of pointless ring spanners to lug around.

Better off with a topeak hex or crank 19 or something similar and a leatherman with a pair of pliers is always handy.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Always found a few decent quality allenkeys, small double ended screwdriver and a tire lever better than any swissbicycleknife type thingy…..

kiwijohn

Crank Bros 17 + Leatherman Skeletool.

nickc

the Lezyne ones. Really well made, really nice to use.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Topeak Hexus 16 everything you (I) need, tyre levers, chain tool, – and + screwdrivers, lots of allen keys including 8mm, spoke nipple wotsits and rotor bolt star/splined thingy … even a thing for letting air out of schrader valve – I've just looked cos I'm bored 🙂

mefty
    Free Member

Another vote for Topeak Hexus/Hummer

z1ppy

Totally recommend the Crank Bro's 17, had it 5 years great bit of kit.

sv

Icetoolz compact 10

I have this and it does everything I need it to.

chakaping
    Free Member

Topeak Alien works for me.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I had a Topeak Hummer for a long while, but on the few occasions I came to use it I found the tolerances on the Allen keys to be pretty poor and often ended up using someone else's. They chain tool was good though.

Crank Bros seem to be much better in this regard and on the 19 you get a funky little box to keep it in.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Crank Borthers multi 19, or little Lezyne out on the road bike, as don't need as many tools

catfood
    Free Member

Ive given up using multi tools, I had an alien and found most of the stuff on it to be pretty useless, the allen keys were crap and the tool itself got in the way half the time. I went over my bike and had a look what tools I actually need, so I cut the alien down to the chaintool, the torx wrench and a philips, I carry that, a set of allen keys, a couple of spanners for the brakes and a little pair of pliers and a spoke key, all stuff that works much better.

nosedive
    Free Member

after being stranded a few times by rubbish chain tools I now carry a decent size chain tool, and a very small Lezyne multi-tool just to cover 4,5mm allen keys and a torx 25 for rotor bolts. Overall weight is the same as bigger tools but I have a chain tool that actually works

MrAgreeable

I have an old Cannondale multitool (which I believe was originally given away free on the cover of MBUK) which looks identical to that Ice Toolz one above. Combined with a Park Mini Chain Brute (absolutely excellent, tiny and will do any pitch or design of chain no problem) a Torx key (came free with my disc brakes) and a set of Pedros tyre levers, and it takes care of 99% of eventualities.

Stripe
    Free Member

Crank Bros 19

Topeak Alien

Birzman Feexman 17 (or if youre flush – the 10 which is carbon)

nedrapier

Creeping slightly, but:

Most rides: Crank bros multi 10, Park chain brute (ct5), Park spoke key, biggerer and smallerer zip-ties, wrap of duct tape, inner tube, puncture repair kit, tyre lever, Topeak mountain morph pump.

Or maybe just a 5mm allen key in my sock for the seat collar if it's a short ride to a piss-about spot.

flyingfox
    Free Member

Lezyne, brilliant, perfectly finished and cheaper than I thought they would be based on their quality.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Bike multi tool..Recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.