Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Bike multi tool.
  • lotto
    Free Member

Lost my “Cool Tool” at the weekend.
    It was the kind you keep on you during the ride for emergency trail side repairs and tweaks. Hex keys/chain tool etc.
    Any recommendations for a replacement?
    Cheers.

coatesy
    Free Member

Topeak Hexus 11.

bigj205
    Free Member

I like the Topeak Hexus2
    Does all I need

J

Northwind

Hexus here, best there is IMO unless you want a tool it doesn’t do. Great chain breaker… The tyre levers are a bit poor though but then they’re basically part of the handle so a free extra anyway.

Not the best made though… Lezyne are much nicer, but Topeak are the best thought out.

dab

Got a Crank Bros one , 12 or something like that
    Had it for years , been reliable ( scoffing aside ) I know cb doesn’t have the best rep
    BUT these tools are good

Hth

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Couldn’t work out what mine was, just remembered it was pretty good, looked it up and guess what… Topeak Hexus 2…
    This is close to looking like a consensus… That will never catch on!

edit-phew, a Crank Brothers recommendation (although my Hexus replaced a Crank Brothers one that disassembled itself, then seized up in a very rusty fashion after re-assembly).

mrben100
    Free Member

For me I carry the Topeak Alien II.

Cost more than I wanted to pay – bit bulky but has done everything I needed and my mates are always borrowing it whilst out riding, even when they’ve brought their own kit!

footflaps

I have a Topeak Alien II, best chain tool I’ve ever used.

Edit Also lasts really well, unlike my Crank Brother tool (won in an XC race) which turned to rust in about 3 weeks…

stevede
    Free Member

My topeak alien is over ten years old now, tried replacing with a slimmer younger model a few times but none have been up to the standard! Have a topeak ratchet rocket but although I liked the idea of it I was a bit disappointed in the end. The chain tool on the alien as said above is very good – I often use it instead of my proper one in the tool box.

clowner
    Free Member

Topeak ratchet rocket

Taff
    Free Member

Been looking around for something and glad to hear about the Hexus as that was one was on my list

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Crank Bros 17, perfect, always has the right bit on it that I need. Superb small spanner/spoke key too. The chain pin remover is very sturdy.

lunge

Crank Brithers here, seems ok to me, the chain tool is very good.

stavromuller
    Free Member

Hexus is ace, lost the first one I bought earlier this year and went straight out and bought another.

grum
    Free Member

Crank Bros 17 +1

Really nicely made IMO.

chojin
    Free Member

Topeak Hexus going for £13.49 on Merlin at the moment…

Taff
    Free Member

out of interest for for you CK17 owners out there, some of the reviews I’ve seen have said that the chain tool doesn’t push chain links out all the way – has this been resolved?

kern
    Free Member

Crank Bros 17 – never had an issue with the chain breaker.

Mackem

Cannondale kitchen sink – done everything asked of it so far with no bother.

Taff
    Free Member

I’m down to 2 options I think the Topeak and the Park IB3C. Anyone got the latter?

continuity
    Free Member

Toppeak mini 20 pro. 151g.

Lighter than most (half the respective alien, 20g off the hexus, lighter than the crank bros 19 or even the 17 (17 is 165g), and superbly well built.

Oh and it comes in kashima.

(or black or silver if you’re not so bling)

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/tools/multi-tool/product/review-topeak-mini-20-pro-10-39573

21.16 from ribble: http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/Topeak-Mini-20-Pro-Tool-Black/TOPETOOL215?utm_campaign=Googlebase&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=Googlebase

So it’s cheaper than the CB 19, but with more on it. And lighter.

nickswolves
    Free Member

I have a Park Tool AWS-10 and CT5 Chain tool in excellent condition I’d sell if you’re interested? Email in profile.

MrGreedy

I have a Topeak Hexus too (in fact I have three in various saddlebags/rucksacks). The chain tool is particularly excellent, and everything else is pretty damn robust. The only downside is they’re a bit heavy, but probably no more so than alternatives with a similar range of functions.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Bike multi tool.’ is closed to new replies.