• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Sam.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bike Maintainence Courses in Herts?
  • d11dad
    Free Member

Anyone know of a good bike maintenance course/ workshop running in the Herts area? (I live in letchworth). What I’d like to be able to do is maintain my own bike i.e. simple repairs & maintenance, bleed hydraulic brakes, change cables etc…

Jimbo
    Free Member

Don't bother with a course. Get a copy of "Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintainence" from Amazon (£20ish for the most recent edition), some tools, and away you go. 'tis easy!

Sam

Books are helpful, but I think having someone show you hands on is invaluable. I've never done a course as such but worked a long time in bike shops and had the benefit of instruction from experienced mechanics. That and doing it yourself repeatedly can't be replicated by a book. I'm in Herts but don't know of any courses. If there's anything you are particularly stuck with I'd be happy to help, though I'm on the other side of the county near Hemel.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    d11dad
    Free Member

Sam, I agree – hands on experience and gentle guiding hand are the best way to learn. What I want is a day or so running through the basics to get my confidence. Thanks for the offer as well mate

Sam

A lot of bike shops run one off sessions which could be helpful for you. All I can suggest though is ringing around I'm afraid…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bike Maintainence Courses in Herts?’ is closed to new replies.