Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bike Locks and replacement guarantee
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Some bikelock/chain manufacturer's offer replacement guarantee's of up to £1400 if your bike is stolen whilst one of their locks is fitted.

This sounds too good to be true. Has anyone put them to the test?

coatesy
    Free Member

Just bought a Kryptonite New York lock recently, and reading the terms and conditions found that particular lock was only covered by the offer in the US and Canada,and reading further found out it will only cover the excess payable on your insurance.Worth checking the small print before you buy anything,not everything's quite what it seems.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Jeeesz! Talk about insurances not paying up! That's a bad tale.

I thought, for ~£100 you could have thief protection, AND fail safe insurance if one got past security! Fail

wwaswas

normally the bits of lock have to be left at the scene of the theft as well (all of them) so if the theive takes the lock with them you're stuffed.

trail_rat
    Free Member

not worth the paper its written on really and its only valid for 1 year , it has to be the lock its self that was cut adn you need to prove that ….

i have top of the range new york locks on my bikes and M&S insurance – sods law was that the day i locked my bike up with a 12.99 lock was the day a little shit took my bike …..

Just got it back yesterday !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bike Locks and replacement guarantee’ is closed to new replies.