Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike lock (cafe & shop stops)
  • Mounty_73

Looking for a lock for the bike, only to be used at cafe & shop stops etc on multi-day rides, so nothing too heavy/bulky.

Any suggestions pls?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Locking bikes outside cafes…there’s definitely someone who knows about this.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Any suggestions pls?

Local bike shop?

jonba
    Free Member

On long solo rides I carry a life venture cable lock. It would last about 5 seconds against a pair of cutters but would stop a casual thief just riding off on it.

https://www.skyblueleisure.co.uk/acatalog/Lifeventure_Cable_Lock_C400.html

I always try and put the bike where I can see it or completely out of the way around the back of cafes or in bier gardens of pubs – most places are fairly obliging if you ask nicely.

Failing that on the club run I just put mine next to some titanium beauty with deep section carbon and lots of bling – no one would knick the well used basic/plain looking carbon one then.

DrP

When I went on a solo multi day tour I took this:

Cost a bit more that web prices from my LBS, but I like the shop..

Someone with a sharp pair of scissors could probably cut through it in a few seconds, but it’s a small ‘layer’ of security when nipping in for a coffee (i.e having a number 2s…) that stops people simply grabbing it.
    THat’ll do you!

DrP

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Giant do a very good small combination café lock.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Failing that on the club run I just put mine next to some titanium beauty with deep section carbon and lots of bling – no one would knick the well used basic/plain looking carbon one then.

i wouldn’t be so sure: friend of mine was on a ride; the thieves are on CCTV moving a cervelo with zipps out of the way to take an allez.

I have the same as Dr P: but blue. grey is for ti bikes only 😉

oldnpastit

At the new cafe in Saffron Walden, Bicicletta, they were coming out and locking up bikes with some quite convincing looking cable locks.

The lemon polenta cake was awesome as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike lock (cafe & shop stops)’ is closed to new replies.