Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike light mounts – what's good?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Designing some new lights at the moment and am looking for a really good mount for the bar light (helmet mount sorted).
    Currently use a Hope stem plate but want to change my stem to a Syntace so that method won’t work any more.
    Ideally want something sturdy that can centre the light in the middle of the stem (could be spaced across I suppose)
    I can design the mounting on the light to suit the mount so what would you recommend?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

If it’s only a small head lamp, you could probably just design it to work with one of those Garmin Barfly mounts.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Never had a problem with the way your original lights mounted Steve, quick and easy to install/remove and the offset meant it was pretty close to central.

Very interested if you’re doing a helmet mounted light! 🙂

stevied
    Free Member

Can’t get those any more James 🙁 Looks like the Hope one might be a good option as I can make an adaptor to fit.
    Either one of these:
    Or these (if still available):

Yes, helmet light is being done. Not sure if I’ll be selling them, will see how they come out 1st.
    Bar light could be silly lumens (like 11k silly) and helmet will be about 3k 🙂

andybrad

ive used the hope clamp one before and its good. But it still slips unless its really really tight. Too tight for carbon bars

jam-bo

gloworm bar mount works pretty well.

although i reckon one of those garmin mounts that’ll take a garmin on top and a gopro on the bottom is worth looking at.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Superstar outfront mount – cheap as and a way to sell more lights perhaps 😉
    (commision payments to email in profile)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike light mounts – what's good?’ is closed to new replies.