Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bike light hire
  • nairnster
    Free Member

I fancy a go at night riding, but dont want to buy an expensive set of lights for probably one use.

Are there any companys who hire out bike lights.

I am in the inverness area

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I doubt it’s worth it when you can buy a pretty decent set for £25 off eBay.

mattyfez

Buy an £18 cree.. If you like it, buy a better battery for it.

You’re welcome.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nairnster
    Free Member

And they wouldbe good enough for off road night riding?

mattyfez

I’d say so as long as you’re not doing anything crazy and know the route.

nairnster
    Free Member

Thats cool then.

So a bar mount and a helmet mount should probably do then.

Thanks for the help guys.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I was thinking of these ones:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SolarStorm-X2-5000LM-CREE-XML-T6-LED-Bicycle-Bike-headlamp-light-Rear-Light-UK-/321380802075?hash=item4ad3c9de1b:g:qN0AAOSwG-1WxvUw

I bought mine for about £23 with a UK charger but out seems they’re cheaper now. Battery lasts 3hrs fairly easily and it’s as bright as everyones £300 lights with the same beam pattern. I can’t imagine why you’d spend any more TBH 🙂

bigmandh
    Free Member

I use a cree on the handlebars and a diablo on the helmet mount. The cree is brilliant for the money. Sometimes the diablo runs out and I don’t notice immediately. You can’t really go wrong with the cree as a start for £30

johnnystorm

These are great for £20 and being from a decent sized UK based company I have a bit more faith in their ability to not catch fire and have halfway decent batteries. It’s also got a 300 lumen mode so it’ll be fine for road use without blinding everyone.

Cree T6 bike light

benp1

Look for one from big_f_d_d on eBay, he’s got a really cheap one, like £20. He’s known as Torchy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bike light hire’ is closed to new replies.