Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike leasing?
  • tk46hal
    Free Member

A mate told me about this company who were at the bike show in Birmingham the other week!
    Always fancied that brand new bike, but can’t afford it!
    Does anyone all ready lease their bikes?
    If so, what are the positives to this and what are the negatives?
    Here is a link to that company.

http://www.bikeleasingcompany.com/

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Just look at the website and decide from that!!

njee20
    Free Member

The bloke came on here spamming the forum when he set it up. Mind you your post reads like spam as well!

tk46hal
    Free Member

Sorry if it sounds like spam, I didn’t mean it to!
    Is anyone considering doing this cause a friend of mine is and he wants to know the down sides like what if the frame etc gets trashed and you have to return it after the two years.

clubber
    Free Member

The down side is usually that it’s silly expensive so you’re better off buying a bike with an interest free/low rate credit card (and paying it back obviously!) than going for a lease.

abductee
    Free Member

I think lots of people are already doing this. Tax free with an option to purchase at the end of the lease period with cycle 2 work and cyclescheme.

nwill1
    Free Member

Looked that the site…sounds like a bum deal their example is a 2012 meta am3 RRP 2500 Leased for 2 years at a cost of £1750….yes leased!! The exact same bike is available on CRC at a price of £1630!! Plus at the end of 2 years you can flog it (or keep it), let’s say £630, net cost £1000 vrs £1750??

paulatmtbleasing
    Free Member

Hello again,

We noticed that some questions had popped up again about leasing so I thought that I would try to clarify a few queries or observations that seem to have been posted:

The down side is usually that it’s silly expensive so you’re better off buying a bike with an interest free/low rate credit card (and paying it back obviously!) than going for a lease.

Bike Leasing Company focuses on brand new, current model year, bikes. We do sometimes offer leases on end of year models, but we don’t give those as illustrative examples.

Most of our leases are between 30 and 40 per cent less than the RRP of the bike. It depends on the lease option chosen. We’re hoping to be able to offer the leases spread out over 24 equal monthly installments soon with a new finance provider as well.

We position leasing as another option to consider for a new bike, particularly if you like new bikes and ride them regularly. One of the advantages of leasing is that you know from the outset what you’re paying, you don’t have the hassle of trying to sell a used bike to pay for a new one.

I think lots of people are already doing this. Tax free with an option to purchase at the end of the lease period with cycle 2 work and cyclescheme.

You are right. Hundreds of people are doing it – with us.

Our leasing plans are different to Cycle To Work schemes in that they are not limited to a relatively low value (e.g. £1000) bicycle, there are no complications with tax, NI, salary sacrafice etc, and they are equally available to individuals in companies without a C2W scheme running, SMEs and self employed – as well as large organisations of course.

Looked that the site…sounds like a bum deal their example is a 2012 meta am3 RRP 2500 Leased for 2 years at a cost of £1750….yes leased!! The exact same bike is available on CRC at a price of £1630!! Plus at the end of 2 years you can flog it (or keep it), let’s say £630, net cost £1000 vrs £1750??

We do need to improve our website – a never ending process! We are in the process of doing exactly that. Soon, you’ll be able to lease a bike directly off the website if you choose to.

The example you have given reflects the fact that the CRC price is a “previous model year price” and that our price is for a “current model year bike”. The example on our website reflects a price that was relevent when that bike was a “current model year” bike. We need to update the pages so thank you for the heads up on that.

As an aside, CRC actually own the company that distributes Commencal in the UK, so it can be a little difficult to compete on previous year models for that brand.

Anyway, if you have any more questions, please feel free to post them here I’ll be more than happy to answer them for you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike leasing?’ is closed to new replies.