Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • "Bike Lane" Light
  • Cletus

http://www.7dayshop.com/7dayshop-5-led-multi-mode-rear-bike-light-with-laser-lane-safety-function

Anyone got one of these? – looks pretty good for urban riding but would like some real feedback.

Might get one just to try it as they are pretty cheap

steveoath
    Free Member

I use one. Good light, mount is iffy… first one i had popped off. 2nd one is taped.

If you dont have a lot of seatpost showing you may struggle to place it high enough to get a wide spread of the “bike lane”. All in all v useable.

steveoath
    Free Member

Edit. Mine is a verrical light version rather than the horizonral one.

lightman
    Free Member

Absolutely useless as a bike lane projector.
    While you and your mates who are cycling beside you can see the light, it is invisible to drivers, and if the road is damp/wet, then its even more so.
    While its an okay idea, the lines are to thin to be visible.
    Just get a decent light and don’t bother with the gimmicky rubbish 😉

vancoughcough
    Free Member

Can’t beat a Raleigh RSP Astrum 2×0.5W rear for the money.

FuzzyWuzzy

The light from them is actually pretty good, it’s very noticeable on the road in unlit areas but agree on lit roads it doesn’t really add anything. My gripe with it is they only seem to be available in dirt cheap cracker-toy build quality versions – my first one lasted two rides before the laser stopped working and I haven’t actually used the slightly different but equally cheap and nasty replacement version I bought.
    Surprised one of the bigger light manufacturers hasn’t done a version yet, maybe there’s regs around the lasers stopping them selling them? I don’t think they’re revolutionary or anything but I’d assume manufacturers would be looking for a USP other than the “bright enough they’ll dazzle the driver behind who’ll probably run into the back of you” thing.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Dont you get drivers trying to park in your “bike lane” as you ride along?

Just going off my experiance of standard bike lanes….

mattjg
    Free Member

I’d agree with Lightman, bought a 15 quid jobby (not the same as yours), the regular light is good, the laser is cute but a gimmick really on the one I bought.

mattjg
    Free Member

yup the photos on the sales page are absolutely not representative of the size and visibility of the lasers from my light, perhaps I bought a crap one!

on the bridge shot, the lasers advance well past the front wheel, not possible if they are projecting backwards! Take that with a pinch of salt. On my light they start at about the BB and go backwards in an opening V, I’d say the laser line is about 1cm wide.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Doesn’t it encourage drivers to aim their wheel just outside the right hand line, and thus pass too closely anyway?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘"Bike Lane" Light’ is closed to new replies.