Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bike Insurance with house and contents cover Aviva
  • Suggsey
    Free Member

Just had my M&S renewal come through for £813 for the year which covered all my bikes dearest being 4k. Aviva will cover up to max of 3.5k on the dearest bike and 2k individually on any others in the house within the sum insured on contents. So my Aviva quote with accidental away from home cover etc etc etc was £245.65 for the next year………
    Well worth giving them a try and they’re not on comparison websites…….they’re also the cheapest for my private use van insurance for you guys and gals using vans as your daily runabout and biking transport.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just read the policy doc, only real advice as it will tell the true story.

njee20
    Free Member

Edit: nope, that’s changed. Ignore me!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TinMan
    Free Member

Suggsey, just about to start looking as I will be moving from m&s. Did you get the positive assurances that multiple bikes in the garage will be covered beyond the £2k garage limit?
    Otherwise it looks very reasonable
    Cheers

DT78
    Free Member

Interesting I’ll add them to my short list, my renewal has just come up too.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I just insured with Pedal cover. Ended up being about £250 covering 9k of bikes away from home at one time and the usual £75k of possessions, they do a thing where you have a higher excess but then insure that so it ends up the same and you pay no excess. You get to pick your shop for the new for old replacement so no problems getting custom bikes replaced like for like and not whatever carbon tat from Halfords a loss adjuster wants you to take.

M&S and John Lewis wanted £650!

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I just got a quote from Aviva, but bikes are not insured if stolen from a motor vehicle. Ours are always locked inside the vehicle, but they’re not covered by Aviva. I may stay with AA.

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

I have aviva insurance. Cover includes accidental damage. I smashed mine into a tree and cracked the bb area. They bought me a new frame with no hassle.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Hi am all Avivaed up.If you take other insurances with them you get good discount.2k per bike is way better than Churchill.Was with Churchill for years they wanted £550 for van and breakdown cover this year and Aviva £240 all in.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bike Insurance with house and contents cover Aviva’ is closed to new replies.