Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike insurance options!
  • Hi guys it’s about time I insure my steeds. Who is the best insurance company for the money, and what are people paying? My road and mountain bikes need normal cover i,e I don’t race.

wilburt
    Free Member

There is no standalone bike policy worth having, add bike cover to your home contents.

Ideally you want one that doesn’t require special security arrangements at home, the maximum cover is part of your overall (50/100k) and they are willing to extend the cover to away from home again without making unreasonable demands on security.

spooky_b329

Seconded, they are all expensive (c.10% of the value per year) and stuffed with small print to get out of most claims.

The only viable option with any sort of value for money, and solid cover is to put them on a home insurance policy, but you still need to check the small print as some have approved locks etc.

(if all those years ago, mine had paid me for a stolen wheel instead of insisting it was an ‘accessory’, I would still advise against it but wouldn’t feel so strongly to shout about it everytime someone asks 🙂 How can a vital part of a bike be an accessory!)

Yeah I had a quote for £38 for both bikes which is more than my car. My house insurance only covers bikes upto £300 which wouldn’t cover anything. Insurance companies are so tricky

spooky_b329

Change house insurer when its renewal time. Or they may up the limit if you pay a slightly higher premium.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Add to home insurance, only adds £9 a month for mine and they can cover in the house or outbuilding @ that price. Sainsbury’s insurance A+++++

tubthumped
    Free Member

I insure ours with ETA. Yes, it’s expensive – but my Five got stolen this year and I was paid out within 2 weeks. Excellent service and means I’m not going to get stung on my home insurance next year.

paulwebster
    Free Member

I use butterworth insurance. Spot on cover for everything , theft , damage etc. my five came of the back of the car. Didn’t even know it was gone till I was nearly home. Paided out in full straight away. No hassle.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike insurance options!’ is closed to new replies.