Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • bike insurance help please!!!!!!!!
  • thedyslexic1
    Free Member

i have just treated myself to a new bike after years of building bikes from off here. My new pride and joy is the 2011 spicy 516 and due to the price it my be worth getting it insured, but i have NO IDEA where to start with bike insurance and is it even worth getting bikes insured???

cheers luke

j_me
    Free Member

is it even worth getting bikes insured

Depends if you can buy another one if it got nicked.

I use E&L insurance, as my house insurance would only cover up to £1K. I didn’t bother shopping around that much so you could probably find cheaper. Think I payed about £10 a month for £2.2 K of cover.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

If your contents are with M&S you are covered up to 4K unamed, for any item.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Another vote for M&S

Cougar

M&S. You need a house, though.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Most definately worth getting bike insurance, unless you are so loaded that if it got nicked you could easily afford to buy another one (with cash). Otherwise I would get insurance. I have M&S and lots of other people here will suggest M&S and Big Pete says up to £4000 and you don’t have to specific. A lot of insurers will only insure items up to £1500 and if you want to list specific items they charge more. I would ring around, don’t bother on internet as you can’t ask all the specific relevant questions about the bikes, as again price will very a lot depending on where you live, also are you in multi occ or have your own house? Again that will effect prices.

thedyslexic1
    Free Member

that is something i dont have due to being only 19 so is E&l good at paying up if the bike gets nicked?

Cougar

Where do you live? Is there no contents insurance there?

(Eg, if you like with your folks, ask them to add it as a named item or something?)

thedyslexic1
    Free Member

i yes but i live on a farm so if they can get in to house past all the dogs they must be armed with guns! but can they be just be added on to house insurance on contents ?

(i thought insuring my pick-up was hard!)

seanodav
    Free Member

Be carefull of the conditions of insurance, for example locked to a vicious tiger-lion while not with you. some of the conditions are ridiculous with ‘bike’ insurance.
    You dont get that when insured with ms, no questions asked

thedyslexic1
    Free Member

well thanks for all the help!!!1

cheers

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

I’ve used E&L before, they were pants for me.
    I’m now with CycleGuard.
    I’ve recently had an accident that done my shoulder in as well as wrecking the front wheel, made a claim for accidental damage (wheel, not me) and got it sorted no problem.
    They have been really helpful & quick.
    Thanks to The Bike Chain on this too.
    Just need to get me sorted now, 8 weeks & counting.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘bike insurance help please!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.