Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bike insurance – Contents or dedicated?
  • J273
    Free Member

Ive always had my bikes on my home contents insurance with M&S but with all the changes they made im thinking of going with dedicated insurance.

Am i best to stick with M&S which was recommended on here a while ago or go with dedicated insurance.

Both my bikes are custom builds and i want them covered at home and away from home. Ones worth about 5k and the other 1.5k

Can anyone recommend me some dedicated insurance?

Thanks

legend
    Free Member

Standard answer these days is to use Pedalcover

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Pedalcovers underwriter gave an uncompetitive quite to me because I’m in a flood area despite it never actually flooding. So sadly not a solution for me.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got mine on home contents – specified items. With Halifax, found it through confused.com .
    If you want to pay more, go for a dedicated 😉

Graham_Clark

I’m still with M&S – and when I had my completely not-spec Horsethief stolen with almost no receipts for the parts, they sorted it based on pictures without any problem. So, I’m going to stick with them for the time being…

daern
    Free Member

House insurance here, with everything on as named items.

As with any insurance. make sure you understand what restrictions apply when leaving a bike away from home. Personally, my choice of insurance is partly based on choosing someone that _doesn’t_ require me to carry around a D-lock on a ride! 🙂

andrewh
    Free Member

John Lewis seem OK, although never had to claim so don’t know how that works. One bike covered for £5k, named item, standard bike cover up to £1k for unnamed ones.
    Oddly enough I got a reasonable quote for home insurance with the bikes from Adrian Flux when I did my van insurance but they wanted them all named so changing bikes would be more of a faff (not sure about admin fees to do that)

Kamakazie

All the dedicated insurance quotes I’ve seen have been eye watering.
    I’d think looking at alternative insurers will end up much cheaper for the same levels of cover.

+1 for looking at Pedalcover too.

Fat-boy-fat

+1 for Pedalcover. Same type of cover as “old” M&S insurance but a third of the cost.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bike insurance – Contents or dedicated?’ is closed to new replies.