Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bike Insurance Claim
  • lewismorgan
    Free Member

My beloved custom built bike was stolen yesterday whilst i was working!
    I wont expand else i’ll get to angry! But anyway The bike was locked to a Permanent Structure and insured with LV, therefore I see no reason i shouldn’t receive an insurance payout from them.

I considered making myself a nice exact replica, a tribute as such but i’m swaying towards just buying a bike. The bike was insured at a value of £1500 although the RRP would equate to more than this but.

Any recommendations of a solid hardtail XC bike for no more than £1500? Quite like the look of cubes at the minute!

karl1824
    Free Member
    lewismorgan
    Free Member

That does look good value!

I’m debating between hardtail and full suss. Majority use of my riding is on the flat, round local woods etc.

However occasionally I like to take it up to the scotish highlands or the Peak District and blast around.

Looking at The Canyon Nerve Range, I like the XC and the AM, would an AM bike be a bit heavy and hard work biking about on?

xcentric
    Free Member

AM gives you much more capability han you say you’re going to use, so whilst it’ll be fine and rideable, it’ll be softer, heavier and harder work than either the XC or hardtail. Work out what you mostly want, then try a couple of bikes to see. FS is great but heavier unless you start spending lots of cash; in your shows I’d look at short travel FS at 100 mm or so, and good hardtails, with a pref for the hardtail.

Have learned there’s no such thing as one perfect bike – ride some either on demo days, hire, or borrow from LBS or friends – see what floats your boat then buy it and ride it some more. (mind you, if. I rode as much as I posted on here, I’d be much fitter!)

batman11
    Free Member

If it was me and your happy with hard tail riding I’d look at the likes of cube,canyon,rose etc and get a hard tail for around a grand then go straight to Cotic and see if there road rat single speed bikes are still on offer at £570. That way best of both worlds. A great commuter and a nice hard tail which can be locked away at home. Cubes are great local bike shop value to and look very nice!
    Bats

karl1824
    Free Member

Would agree with excentric, I have a Canyon AM and a 100mm travel XC rig. My Xc bike is faster so use for XC race while use my AM for moors and trail centre fun.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bike Insurance Claim’ is closed to new replies.