Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike Insurance Advise
  • nwill1
    Free Member

Home insurance provider is looking to charge £63 to insure £1500 worth of bike, from experience is this competitive or are there any bike specific insurance providers that I should be looking at??

Cover is for theft or damage either at home and away from home.

tomhoward

Per year? yeah pretty reasonable. Per month? Not so reasonable.

nickjb
    Free Member

When I had a quick look the going rate for bike specific insurance seemed to be around 10% of the insured value, makes your’s look good. That said a lot of home insurance policies include bikes up to £1500 in the basic price. My AA home cover does, think M&S does, too. Might be worth a quick shop around.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Looks ok to me buddy

br
    Free Member

Are there restrictions/exclusions, ie must be locked to a immovable object etc.

nwill1
    Free Member

Cheers its annual, I’ll rock with it, it was included in AA’s quote but it was £300, L&G is only £140 (and I get £75 in M&S vouchers) but have to pay £63 to cover the bike….sounds like a plan.

Thank you.

mudshark
    Free Member

Barclays was cheapest for me – and good when I claimed.

nwill1
    Free Member

b r need to check full t’s & c’s but I would expect it would need to be locked up if unattended, but I’m one of those who winces when I read people leave their bike on a roof rack…I won’t leave my bike unattended for a second! Guessing it’d be covered if someone took it for me though (unlikely unless well armed!)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike Insurance Advise’ is closed to new replies.