• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Sven.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bike holiday in the Moab?
  • mrchrist

Thinking of heading to Moab in April, anybody got any advice on where to stay and flights with bike (going from Man)?

KLM looks to be the best deal and maybe stay at lazy lizard. Will be 2 of us.

Cheers,
    Christian

yosemitepaul

Have been to Moab a few times and travelled there by various flight routes.
    One of the easiest ways to get there especially from Manchester is to fly Virgin direct to Vegas and drive, taking in the Grand Canyon and loads of other sights.
    We’ve stayed in several places but would highly recommend the Gonzo Inn. Its off the main drag, reasonable price and has a pool.
    There’s loads and loads of riding, (as you probably know). But I’d question the hassle of taking my own bike. There’s half a dozen bike shops hiring out anything from a bog standard MTB through to Titanium exotica. Save yourself the trouble and get one out there.
    Once you’ve done Moab, you can make a circuit and drive back to Vegas via Bryce, Zion etc.. Suppose it depends on how much time you’ve got

footflaps

Loads of accommodation in Moab, we just rock up and book a Motel when we’re there…

mrchrist

Yep virgin via LV looks to be an option. Will explore in more detail.

Seen a few motels, all look to be of a reasonable standard.

Thanks chaps.

Drac

Dave from STWHQ went last year I think, he never mentions it.

Sven

I stayed in the lazy lizard about 10 years ago, bunk beds with 4-6 sleeping in one room, but nice relaxed atmosphere, a little alternative, great at the time, but 10 years on, I would look for something else (depends on age to some extent I suppose).

I also wouldn’t take bikes, too many bike shops there with a great choice, plus you may want to drive to some of the closer National Parks around (Arches, Zion, Bryce,…) while you are there, and not having your own bikes to carry with you makes things easier.

Will be a great trip in any case, though!

Sven

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bike holiday in the Moab?’ is closed to new replies.