Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bike holiday in Slovenia
  • Luther
    Free Member

I’d like to go to Slovenia (probably next week) for a biking holiday.

I’m looking for the usual i.e. XC with fun alpine steep/twisty descents (mid-travel friendly).

Any advice or recommendations for holiday companies?

d45yth
    Free Member

I don’t know if it was a trip that KE Adventure or Saddle Skedaddle did, but there’s a trip where you’re riding something different everyday. I think you’re in the woods one day, a bike park the next, bike through a mine and into the mountains another. You get the idea. I remember when I read about it as it just sounded like a good holiday and nothing to with the fact that it was in Slovenia.

alexxx
    Free Member

Hey Luther, send my mate matt an email.. He runs a chalet out there in the Julian alps and I’m sure he’s the right guy to ask http://www.julianalps.co.uk

alexxx
    Free Member

Oh and ask him about the hour+ long descent

Trekster

alexx..just had a look at your mates chalet, nice..
    Spent 2wks in Bovec a few years ago and have been to Lake Bohinj twice. Really nice places to holiday away from the usual “Brit” pack 😀 Would and probably will go back there sometime.

professor_fate
    Free Member
    Trekster

prof fate
    That is the one I was trying to remember, bookmarked on home pc. Think it was covered in an stw mag article a while back?

hazza123
    Free Member

I’ve rode velike planina before, maybe an hour from the airport/Ljubljana (capital) was good apart from it was really misty and you couldn’t see 10metres infront of you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bike holiday in Slovenia’ is closed to new replies.