Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bike hire or borrow in Sheffield
  • funkrodent

Afternoon all

Will be joining some mates in Sheffield weekend of 14th/15th October and looking to do a bit of biking on the Saturday. All local stuff – Cannings, Parkwood Springs mostly – nothing too taxing. Problem is that one of said mates doesn’t own a mountain bike. We’ve looked at hiring but the only places seem to be some way away in the Peaks and they don’t have the right size anyway.

So, would anyone be willing to lend (or hire us) a bike for the day? I’m thinking your old hardtail that’s sat there getting hardly any use (as opposed to your state of the art new Intense or such). Would be happy to pay a hire charge / provide beers and guarantee any repair/replacement costs should they be necessary.

Said friend is 5’10” so a large medium, or a small large, would fit the bill.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

thepodge
    Free Member

JE James do demo bikes, you might be able to work your way around their rules. I think Russel’s bike shed also hire stuff but they may only be city bikes.

However if you’re doing Cannings & Parkwood then A, you’ll be driving more than riding and B, you don’t need a mountain bike. My 3 year old can do Cannings on his balance bike & I’ve done Parkwood on my rigid singlespeed commuter with slick tyres. Not to say that we got the best out of them but its still doable and you’ll probably see kids on BSO round Parkwood who’ll out ride you.

funkrodent

Thanks for the response mate. Hadn’t thought of JE James. Will have a look at that. You’re right about Russells, but it’s only city bikes (though from the sound of it they’d be okay, being Marins and all). They may well have rules re anything offroad. I spend my life being shown up by kids hooning around on BSOs, so sounds like same old, same old 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    funkrodent

So it turns out that JE James do hire bikes! Very reasonable at £40 a day for a well specced FS. Not that you’d know it googling for hire bikes or bike rental in Sheffield. Need to invest in some search engine optimisation methinks..

thepodge
    Free Member

The je James website is horrific

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bike hire or borrow in Sheffield’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts