Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike hire in the alps?
  • ponderingpanda
    Free Member

I’m planning a trip to the Alps next summer and absolutely cannot take my own bike. Does anyone have any recommendation on good outlets where a decent downhill rig can be hired for a couple of days? Thanks in advance.

wallop

I’d say you need to choose your location on the basis of the type of riding you enjoy, not on the basis of a hire shop recommendation.

Or do you know where you are going?

ponderingpanda
    Free Member

Fair comment – still to be confirmed as its early days. At the moment my query is more of a feasibility study. 🙂

I’m going with some friends who have limited experience of mountain biking so I’m trying to locate some uplift-assisted trails which are at an approachable level. I’ve never been out there myself so its a bit of a learning curve for me too. Any recommendations are welcome.

jambalaya
    Free Member

In the bigger bike resorts there are plenty of hire options. We rented DH bikes for a day in Les Gets easily for example. It’s best to research in advance and reserve, you can ask them to switch the brakes around as the French have the front/back brakes fitted on opposite sides to us.

ponderingpanda
    Free Member

Thanks jambalaya – Didnt even consider the brake lever issues!

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

We have used Torrico in Morziene before. Good bikes, staff etc.

deadkenny
    Free Member

You definitely looking to do DH or just uplift assisted trails? An All Mountain bike may be worth looking at as even with uplifts you might be pedalling and there’s a lot of trail/xc that’s uplift accessible. Then again if you want to stick to the DH and bike park stuff off the uplifts then a DH is fine.

nickjb
    Free Member

Plenty of hire options in Morzine from full on downhill to XC. Around 70 euro for a big rig. There’s a good range of lift assisted trails for all levels too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike hire in the alps?’ is closed to new replies.