Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike hire in Sydney/Manly
  • Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

Has anybody got any tips for bike hire (probably road bike)in Sydney or Manly?

Thanks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://manlybiketours.com.au/bikes-rates/

What are you looking at doing?

have a look at the Roost Mag and Flow mag on Facebook for some new trails in the sydney area. Also have a look on Rotorburn for some locals

andrewh
    Free Member

No, but I’m heading out there in Oct for a 24hr race. Would love to take two bikes but flying with two could be problematic, so I’ll keep an eye on this thread.
    I looked last time I went but couldn’t find anything, some places hiring Halfords-specials but not much else. Thre was somewhere in Adelaide hiring Ibis Mojos but that’s a bit far away. It was 3yrs ago though so maybe things have changed since. I din’t look for road bikes though.

stevied
    Free Member

Brookvale Bike Factory do Trek rentals: http://www.bikefactory.com.au/
    They used to be my LBS when I was out there and were a really friendly, helpful bunch.
    IT’s about 10mins out of Manly

mikewsmith
    Free Member

where are you heading to?
    Know plenty doing demo stuff depending on the time of year
    Virgin do 2x23kg these days with Ethihad. Air freight was about £2-250 1 way.

andrewh
    Free Member

Heading to Canberra, Mt Stromlo.
    Went with Emirates last time, 32kg limit in one case, just about managed, that was one bike but I blew a fork seal at about 2am and had to do the last 10hrs with really sore arms, would have been nice to have another bike.
    BA do 2x23kg, didn’t know about Virgin doing it too, thanks, definately worth knowing.
    You get 50kg in first class but that is rather pricey…
    Really annoys me that as a 10st bloke I can take enough luggage to bring the total weight of me and luggage to about 12st but the 23st fat man can still take another 23kg, I’m very much in favour of, say, a 15st passenger and luggage limit and charge the fatties excess.
    Anyway, sorry about the thread hijack, back to the road bike in Manly

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lol Canberra has some good shops, not sure about renting for races though.
    Emirates does 32 in 2 bags (or did last year) spare everything but frame may help. If not try the local importers for what you are riding and see if they can help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike hire in Sydney/Manly’ is closed to new replies.