Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike hire in Gent.
  • tthew

Has anyone got any good suggestions for ‘nice’ bike hire in Gent for a few days next spring? Need to look now otherwise I’ll have to book my own on the plane. Road bike or 29er hardtail, not particularly fussed.

The obvious one is Het Verzet, but they require a 500 euro deposit in cash, which is pretty bleeding inconvenient.

Other STW style suggestions welcome, i.e…
    don’t be such a snowflake and just hire a city bike.
    buy a REALLY expensive one for 4 days and sell it at the end of the holiday.
    buy a second hand crapper and give it to someone at the end of the trip.

1 and 3 might be fun, as I’ll probably be riding one of the spring classic associated sportives.

Marge
    Free Member

http://veloloft.be/en/rental-0

This is the shop from Greg van Avermaet & Rik Verbrugghe

tthew

Cheers Marge, but 100 euro/day 😯 Don’t think I want THAT nice. 😆 I know the shop though, have driven past it a few time on the way to/from Oodenarde. Looks like supercar showroom.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Other STW style suggestions welcome, i.e…

Don’t go looking for a cheap short term ride with a small deposit in gent(s)?

tthew

Don’t go looking for a cheap short term ride with a small deposit in gent(s)?

How dare you. I’m really not that kind of girl. 😀

Marge
    Free Member

If you know Oudenaarde a bit then try Asfra.

http://www.asfra.be/en/bikerental

They are smaller scale bike shop but still offer half decent bikes.

fibre
    Free Member

Yup what Marge says, I used them earlier this year.

If you want classic cobbled stuff then heading to Oudenaarde is a good idea. There’s plenty of signposted routes so you don’t really need a Garmin. The shop is easy to get to from the station, 30euro for a 105 carbon road bike for me and same for a hybrid E-bike for my girlfriend. We followed the well signposted classic flanders cobbled routes, hitting the Kopparberg first, I warned my girlfriend to get off and push if she thinks she might fall off…. she proceeding to drop me hard using the turbo mode on her hybrid e-bike. Which she found hilarious, she’s not a cyclist at all 😛

Don’t do what I did last year and take a town bike from Gent to ride the same stuff, I managed to break it pretty quickly pulling hard on the bars trying to zig zag up the same climb pushing max effort with flat city gearing 😳

fibre
    Free Member

koppenberg… not the drink. Stupid auto correct 🙄

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike hire in Gent.’ is closed to new replies.