Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Bike hire for Fort William downhill track
  • Mowgli
    Free Member

Does anyone have recommendations for particular hire shops for the above? Looking at calling in for one day and I think my gf might suffer on her hard tail! Found one place doing bike only for £50 which is a bit more than we were hoping to spend.

Cheers,

yacoby
    Free Member

TBH 50 is probably the minimum I would be expecting to pay for a decent FS bike at somewhere like Fort Bill. It isn’t exactly known for being easy on bikes.

Northwind

Alpine Bikes at nevis range hire out quality dh bikes for £70 per day, or £100 including full face, armour etc. Nevis Bikes just down the road has them as well. Seems pretty good value to me considering the lifespan, wear and tear etc.

Sure you could hire a trail bike for less but it doesn’t make an awful lot of sense tbh, tool for job.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Agree the price probably reflects the service life of the hire fleet. However, 1) we’re skint and 2) anything will be an improvement over my gf’s 100mm hard tail xc bike, so was hoping for a bargain basement old/tatty fs bike. I guess there’s not much business in hiring out old rubbish bike though as bits get worn out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bike hire for Fort William downhill track’ is closed to new replies.