• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jimw.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bike Helmets around £50 – whats hot and whats not?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Need to replace my ailing Hex (rocloc keeps popping out 🙁 )so what is there around £50 to go to a bike a shop and try out to see if it fits?
    (and then buy on line as its cheaper 😉 )

dougieb
    Free Member

I went from a Hex to a Uvex XP100 and it's brilliant. It's very light, has a very good retention system and the chin strap adjustment is very useful. Looks are a bit hit and miss though. Can be picked up for less that £50 at some online stores, to try it on in person you will probably have to hunt out a raleigh shop. Bike Radar has an online review.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Fox Flux.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hex

stumpy01

Bell Variant can be had for about £50. I reckon that's where my money will be going when it comes time to replace my Met.

dizcostix
    Free Member

bell Variant seconded, came from a giro animas and love the variant.

can also try them in halfords (the bigger bike depts)

gonzy
    Free Member

if your helmet is less than 3 years old it should still be covered by the crash replacement warranty. so if you "accidentally" bassh it about to make it look like it's been crached and send it back to Giro explianing this they should offer you a replacement at a discounted price.

goog
    Free Member

Giro Xen

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

+1 Fox Flux

Burchy1
    Free Member

I'm impressed with my new Giro Hex

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I always sell folk a Bell Variant, even though we're a Met stockist. Very good helmet (although it doesn't suit me at all, but then I don't like these "all mountain" lids).

TooTall
    Free Member

Second the UVEX brand. I have one and will buy another when my Xen dies.

jimw
    Free Member

I find my Specialized Tactic very comfortable and stable- not too hot either. Has had excellent reviews in the past

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bike Helmets around £50 – whats hot and whats not?’ is closed to new replies.