Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike-Friendly Travel Insurance
  • Kahurangi

Wondering if there are any good companies to go to for travel insurance – especially with our bikes??

We’ll be travelling Canada (with bikes and skis) and then Nepal with our bikes later next year.

What’s the STW go-to companies who actually cover your bikes during transit and during your holiday?

Chur

We’re looking at DogTag right now and even they only cover Personal Luggage/Posessions up to £2000 total, £200 per item. I’ll be hoping a ‘bike’ is a separate article….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Home insurance with an away from home cover.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Snow card are (we’re) spotty dog. IMHO.

mikey74
    Free Member

Snowcard. Not the cheapest, but seem to be the best.

jota180
    Free Member

Snowcard (like most) companies also has a single item limit – £350 IIRC

The home insurance for the bike + travel ins answer is the correct one for full cover

Milkie
    Free Member

I don’t think Snowcard’s limit is £350, I think it is whatever you set it to (upto £3k). Here is the wording.

Snowsport/Activity/Dive/Golf equipment; up to the amount specified on your Insurance Schedule
    Subject to the appropriate premium having been paid you will be covered for the replacement cost (after allowing for wear, tear and loss of value) of your snowsport equipment (snowboard or skis including bindings, boots and poles), activity equipment, dive or golf equipment if it is lost, stolen or damaged.

bland

much cheaper to use home insurance for bikes and as said snow card or dog tag for personal insurance. Also try BMC as they have pots of cash for medical treatment in these of places so less hassle with payments if you need to utilise their services

Kahurangi

Home insurance is tricky as we’ll be between homes – no longer with an address in NZ but not back settled in our UK address.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike-Friendly Travel Insurance’ is closed to new replies.