Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bike friendly pub on the Clifton side of the suspension bridge?
  • Daffy

Riding Ashton court tonight and was hoping to sit down after the ride and do an hour or so on my PhD with a refreshing beverage.

Can anyone recommend somewhere close where I can park/lock the bike in sight and grab a cider?

clodhopper
    Free Member

There aren’t that many pubs in Clifton itself that I can think of, and they tend to be a bit pokey, so probably no room for a bike. The Avon Gorge hotel has an outside terrace where they might let you stash the bike while you have a drink, but I’m not sure how secure it would be. Personally, I’d ride into town and ask the nice folk in Mud Dock to look after my bike whilst I sat upstairs in the cafe and had a snack and a beer. And then buy something as they’ve always got a good range of stuff in. 🙂

4130s0ul
    Free Member

I’m not sure if it’s still there but The Mall has a good beer garden / area that you can sup a pint in and keep an eye on your bike. ride over the suspender bridge and keep going along the road, it’s the second junction on your left (about 3mins over the bridge)

alternatively drop down towards the Cumberland basin and stop off at the Nova Scotia for an ale or two, or the Pump house, or the Cottage, or the Grain Barge (Bristol Beer Co)

acjim
    Free Member

when i lived in that brizl we always used to stop in the Mall

bit pricey – well it is Clifton – but ok beer and food.

Daffy

Clod – I did consider MD, but I spend far too much time there as it is.

4130/ACjim…Awesome, I’d scoped the Mall last week, so will pop in – not too bothered about the cost.

acjim
    Free Member

rich man eh! =)

Daffy

acjim – Member
    rich man eh! =)

No, but I’ve been saving up so can afford one beer in Clifton or a half in London.

andyl
    Free Member

The Mall would be my choice. Not ideal as the bike will be out of sight while ordering but pretty much your best bet.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I have some suggestions if you PM me – I’m not sure I want to turn this thread into a “where do nice bikes hang out outside pubs” thread given how light-fingered some of our fellow Bristolians seem to be….

egb81
    Free Member

The Portcullis is the best pub in the area by a mile, such good beer. Leave the bikes on the upper tier and you can watch them from the window. Never had any trouble with scrotes.

flashes
    Free Member

Our bike club has used the Mall and Portcullis, both acceptable, both cycle friendly, even when we’ve been plastered(in mud.I prefer the ale at the Portcullis but sit upstairs so you can keep an eye on the bike on the upper tier……

Daffy

Cheers Gents. I used the Mall last night, but will try the Portcullis next week.

Moses

The Cheesy Riders use the Portcullis. Park your bike on the terrace outide the upper floor & it should be fine.

moonboy
    Free Member

Mall is good.

Have another option but deleted for not advertising where bikes are. Pm me!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bike friendly pub on the Clifton side of the suspension bridge?’ is closed to new replies.