Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike-friendly pub accommodation in the Peaks?
  • mefster
    Free Member

We’ve manage to clear our diaries to get a weekend of riding in the Peaks at the end of February. 4 or 5 of us will be trying to get two full days riding in, and so we’re thinking a bike-friendly pub that does B&B (as well as good food and beers) will be ideal.

I know plenty of routes around Ladybower, Hope, Mam Tor etc., and so was thinking that Castleton, Hope, Hathersage or somewhere in the area would be a good spot.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good places to stay? A bike friendly B&B with a pub within staggering distance would also do the trick!

Any advice would be really useful!

porter_jamie

yorkshire bridge inn is good

br
    Free Member

We stayed here:

http://www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk/peak-district-bed-breakfast-the-sportsman-inn-hayfield-high-peak-i344.html

Food good, decent beer, lockable storage for the bikes and the daughter was very nice.

mefster
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I’m liking the look of the Sportsman in Hayfield; food sounds good and sounds like a nice snug bar with the open fires. I’d have to look into routes- slightly outside the area I’m familier with

coolhandluke
    Free Member

+1 for the Yorkshire Bridge inn from experience on a number of occasions.

Friendly, helpful, bike storage, good food, good beer, nice rooms, great location.

Be careful what food you order in the restaurant though, the portions are massive.

br
    Free Member

The Sportsman is on the Pennine Bridleway, so you can do a round route with Edale in the middle and coming back over Jacobs Ladder.

Plus if you follow through towards New Mills on the old railway track/cycle-way there is another cicle to the North that comes back on the PB. And a cheeky couple of hour (max) route over Chinley Churn.

If you highlight up the BW on the 1:25000 OS map you’ll ‘see’ the routes.

We had a good night (started at 3…) out in Hayfield too, lots of pubs.

crazy-legs

+1 for The Sportsman in Hayfield, it’s a great pub. Never stayed there cos I live just down the road but eaten there a few times, very nice food, big open fire.

I can give you some info on routes in the Hayfield area if you want as well.

porter_jamie

also re yorkshire bridge, you can ride from the carpark to ladybower off road (with a 100 yards of sneaky footpath)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike-friendly pub accommodation in the Peaks?’ is closed to new replies.