Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike for my son – air fork?
  • fennesz
    Free Member

I’m looking to get my son a proper MTB for weekends in Wales, the family holiday in the pyrenees etc. I almost bought him a Genesis Core 20, but it comes with a Tora coil – he wieghs 7.5st. A quick conversation with tftunedshox confirmed my thinking that he needs an air shock. So, who produces a cool bike with an air fork?

So far, I’ve only found the Trek 6500, but that’s a shortlist of 1, so would like a bit more choice. Gotta be < £1k.

nickc

Second Hand forks? I think at that price point your choices are going to be limited otherwise.

zaskar
    Free Member

I’m getting fed up servicing my forks every 40 hrs of riding and wish I had coils now.

(Using Rebas.)

nbt

I use rebas on Mrs NBT’s bikes and they’ve been fit-and-forget faultless. Very tuneable for lighter weights. go second hand, they’ll be out of warranty anyway so you won’t feel as guilty about not keeping to the “recommended” service regime

clubber
    Free Member

There are loads of decent bikes with air forks under £1k – most will be recons or similar but they seem to work very well.

fennesz
    Free Member

Go on then clubber, which ones?

My list is now 2 – the Trek & the Spesh Rockhopper Pro in gold (yuck).

retro83
    Free Member

zaskar – Member

I’m getting fed up servicing my forks every 40 hrs of riding and wish I had coils now.

(Using Rebas.)

Servicing meaning put a tiny dash of suspension oil into shock pump and squirt into the air chambers?

What else do you do to air ones that you don’t on coils?

Fit and forget air forks = 2006/2007 MX comps

Tracey

Had the same problem with our girls. Katie ended up with a Giant Trance, sold the forks on here and replaced them with Rockshox Revelations Air off EbayH Have a look at Pauls Cycles, showing a small Trance with £400 off. Cant go wrong for £587

Tracey

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike for my son – air fork?’ is closed to new replies.