Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bike for a Gaint, well he is 6 foot 9"
  • Dekerf
    Free Member

Got a friend thats looking for a bike to fit him, trouble is he is 6 foot 9 inches with a 39 inch inside leg!!!!

So looking for a 29er i think, and what kind of large, ok huge frames are out there?

Currently looking for a budget secondhand build, but i don’t know where to start… thinking if i can get frame to fit, then the rest will be pretty normal bits

Thanks in advance

oldeh
    Free Member
    klunky
    Free Member

Trek make pretty big bikes in some models. Unlikely to fit budget but turner do size “Sasquatch” which would fit

sweaman2
    Free Member

Tough on a budget as that size will be rare. The new Santa Cruz hightower LT comes in XXL and a large friend is raving about his but not exactly budget. I think he had a trek previously.

daern
    Free Member

Unlikely to fit budget but turner do size “Sasquatch” which would fit

I know it’s no laughing matter when nothing fits you, but I did spit my tea on my keyboard at this 🙂

My brother was once offered a suit in size “Mark-D”. When asked what size this was in real numbers, was told it was one size down from a Mark-E…

bedfordrd

If budget is not an issue, how about a ’36er’? Saw one on the 5 Boro ride – flippin’ huuuge!!

Edit: it seems your friend at 6’9″ would need a small or a medium 😯

blakec
    Free Member

.The problem you will have is XXL frames rarely come up second hand though there is a tallboy lt XXL on pinkbike.

You will also have to be careful with his weight on some components. Though dt Swiss have released a set of wheels with a high maximum weight.

On a related note I may have a XXL stumpjumper frame coming up for sale shortly.

km79
    Free Member

Specialized do mountain bikes in XXL but will be rare 2nd hand.

Dekerf
    Free Member

Thanks for the help so far. Although he is tall, he is not overly heavy tbh

Its a trouble try to get something secondhand.

He appreciates there will be some compromises, if he gets into it in a big way he can always upgrade to something nicer and more suited

tmass91
    Free Member

I am 6’7″ and 110kg. I used to own a cube SL 29er in XXL (23″) and that was a fantastic fit! I think quite a selection of their range comes in an XXL. I currently own a custom built last fastforwards in XL and its an an absolutle sledge. No slouch on the climbs either…

blakec
    Free Member

Dekerf

Emailed you

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bike for a Gaint, well he is 6 foot 9"’ is closed to new replies.