Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike for a 6 year old
  • firepoiboy

I want to help,a friend sort out a bike for her son, he is about 1.3m tall, can I look for a small 24incher or just a normal kids bike with 20 inch wheels.

They grow quick aprrently so it’s not worth spending loads, any advice?

moniex
    Free Member

I’d say a small framed 24″ bike will be fine. My son actually outgrew his 12.5 inch framed 24″ spesh quite quickly and went onto 26″ at age 8 (same size as his brother 2.5 years older though, so big lad).

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Just bought a Spech Hotrock 20 for my son’s 6th birthday.
    Previously had only Islabikes.
    Amazing bike for the money and feels like a ‘proper’ mountain biker now
    see if you can pick up a discounted 2012 even has a sloping top tube for good measure

TiRed

Second hand Trek MT60 should adapt to both. Loved ours. At 24″, you’ll be looking at a 12″ frame which should still fit. We bought a used Kona and it was superb.

tomaso
    Free Member

One of these does the job ebay giant
    But at 130cm my daughter is fine on a 24 inch Trek ebay 24 trek
    Giant and Trek seem to be of a similar quality to Specialized and Islabikes but with poor residual values.

firepoiboy

Ok so, I think I’m looking for a small big one rather than a big small one, kinda makes sense, I just need to convince her to think of the residual value. The Isla site is useful for size guides and the specs seem pretty good for the money. Cheers guys

ask1974
    Free Member

I’m also looking for a six year olds bike. Looking at one of these for £250.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike for a 6 year old’ is closed to new replies.