Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bike fitting in Hampshire
  • johnj2000
    Free Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place to go to have someone take a look at your bike set up, and advise? Just don’t feel quite right on the bike at the moment and can’t be sure what it is.

tod456
    Free Member

a mate used these guy’s for his road bike and said they were good

http://www.vankru.com/

johnj2000
    Free Member

Thanks Tod, bloody expensive, wish I hadn’t already put my Christmas order in. Maybe a birthday gift in May.

cinnamon_girl

I was recommended somewhere near Southampton by Mulletus of this parish. Can’t remember the name but will try and find it.

Edit: pretty certain it’s the place mentioned by tod.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i used these guys in southampton. really pleased with the service.

http://www.carltonroadclinic.co.uk/Cycle_Position.html

johnj2000
    Free Member

Thanks all, couple to be looking at just 20 mins up the road 🙂

Taff
    Free Member

Pedal On in Tadley (think that’s Hampshire) has had good reviews – a friend did the same search. Velocity Bikes in Cosham used to do it. No idea how good they are though

pjm84
    Free Member

Had mine done by James at Rock N Road.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I was recommended somewhere near Southampton by Mulletus of this parish. Can’t remember the name but will try and find it.

Edit: pretty certain it’s the place mentioned by tod.

Hi C_G. Yep, it was indeed Garth at Vankru. I’d highly recommend a Retul fit to anyone especially if done by Garth. He’s a very nice person and doesn’t rush you through. I was there for nearly 5 hours and enjoyed every second of it. Worth every penny IMO.

shortcut

Mountaintrax in Barkham and Pedal Heaven in Fleet both do bike fit.

gary

I went to James at Rock’n’Road. No fancy digital tracking but they do have a fully adjustable rig. No massive changes to position but enough to sort out some specific issues, and a good discussion about the biomechanics of pedalling which was really helpful.

Getting a Retul fit is intriguing though …

wheelie

Retul by Garth. Cleats now full back , saddle down 2cm + forward. Shorter stem. Now much more compact and in the middle of the bike. Much better for climbing and for power. Quite a radical change and took a few rides to get used to using muscles in a different way. Recommended!

Wookster

James at Rock and Road here as well just great, bike feels so good now, plus great info on technique etc.

xeo

Umm, can I plug myself!?? slap me if I cant..

Although not in Hampshire, but Newbury (close!) we do bikefitting .. no jig, no mirrors, no smoke, no cameras, & no realllly long words. We have solved every issue with every rider, no problem. Have been trained and worked with cyfac.fr, & had extensive experience with a widely used(sales tool..) fitting system.
    Done with instinct and eyeballs! 🙂
    £50. With a free re-assessment.

gingajim
    Free Member

Hi shameless plug as well!
    I’m the BG Fit technician at Pedal Heaven in Fleet, Hampshire. Feel free to give me a call or email me if you would like a chat regarding bike position etc.

Regards

James
    bgfit AT pedalheaven DOT co DOT uk / 01252 628575

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bike fitting in Hampshire’ is closed to new replies.