Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Bike docking stations in London, will it work?
  • allyharp

It's a shame casual hasn't started yet, as I was going to have a play on them this weekend. I'll sign up for a key during the week and just pay for 24h at a time. I'm not sure how often I'll use it but am very excited at trying it out!

eshershore
    Free Member

some photos of the new London Hire bikes, made by Devinci Cycles of Quebec, Canada

lipseal
    Free Member

Pity there's no child carrying facility on them, that would be handy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The lights aren't good enough, but otherwise, brilliant.

lipseal
    Free Member

Do they have a horn or bell and the misses has heard that some have been stolen?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

lipseal, they have a rather natty bell which makes a good noise.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This just in from Boris Towers;

Despite the odd spell of inclement weather this week, Londoners have been getting out and about on our bikes in ever greater numbers. Over 45,000 'Pioneer' members have now joined and together you have cycled well over 100,000 Cycle Hire journeys, delivering a huge boost to London's cycling revolution. The busiest day this week was Wednesday, 11 August when almost 14,000 journeys were undertaken over the course of 24 hours.

That's a lot of people on bikes and that HAS to be a good thing!

kimbers

shame they couldnt have founda british company to make em
    pashley?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

pashley?

Turned up to the final pitch meeting without a working prototype, from what I can gather. Just an idea/image of what it "could" be. Massive failure. DeVinci turned up with a fully working system.

allthepies
    Free Member

I'll be hitting the mean streets on one tomorrow morning (if the frickin' docking station releases the bike this time grrrr)

allthepies
    Free Member

Hundreds of Boris bikes at Waterloo this morning, Serco filling up empty docking stations as the bikes were getting taken. I found it hard to find an actual docking station because there were so many bikes about! I hope they apply some common sense in filling up the stations as I nabbed the only free docking station on arrival at my destination (St Pauls's area) 🙂

All good fun though!

lipseal
    Free Member

[Serco filling up empty docking stations as the bikes were getting taken]

So there are more bikes knocking round than docking stations?

allthepies
    Free Member

Would seem so. I know they're looking to build more docking stations though.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Bike docking stations in London, will it work?’ is closed to new replies.