Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Bike-Discount.de – Too good to be true?
  • barrymccull
    Free Member

Has anyone ever bought any bikes from this site ?

They are doing really good deals on Radon and Cube bikes but want to make sure there legitimate/reliable?

If anyone has had experiences (both good and bad) get in touch.

Barry

weeksy

most people on here have bought from there.

PaulD
    Free Member

A friend in France uses them all the time.
    Definitely reliable.

PaulD

justatheory
    Free Member

I ordered a Reverb from them and it came about a week later. Only paid £190 – well chuffed.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I put my first order in with them a couple of days ago. Will wait and see if my tyres get delivered.

£50 for 2 Nobby Nics that would be £80 + over here isnt bad at all.

Of course the Euro helps too.

mildred

I bought my reverb from them – 3 days and it was at my door.

bikeneil
    Free Member

I was a bit dubious too. But i was looking everywhere for some 120mm forks with a tapered tube and 15mm axle. Found some on bike-discount.de and they arrived with in 3 days. Lovely job!

wrecker
    Free Member

Yep we’re all at it. nobody uses CRC anymore.

johnnystorm

Only a couple of days to ship me a Syncros Carbon seatpost for £45. 🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Dont forget if you buy a bike the brakes will be on the wrong side..

barrymccull
    Free Member

Thanks for all your comments. Certainly, eased my fears.

Has anyone bought directly from Canyon?

Looking at the Grand Canyon Al 6.0 and it looks a cracker

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Come on do a bit of your own searching 🙄

Yes loads of people have… just put Canyon in to the search box above

barrymccull
    Free Member

Fair enough! While I had your attention I thought it was worth a punt 🙂

Cheers

jwmlee
    Free Member

Yip bought a few bits from them. Had to return some bibs. They refunded the postage costs. Great company.

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve used them several times, very good, although find Action Sports are often cheaper for ‘stuff’, dunno about bikes.

muzzle
    Free Member

I bought some Nobby Nics too – half the price of the UK sellers, and they arrived in two days. Definitely recommended.

barrymccull
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. Totally convinced now.

toons
    Free Member

Yep a few times; excellent service and price

mcboo
    Free Member

best of all are bike24.de……great website that filters very quickly and they seem to stock everything. Just ordered Rons from them, about half UK RRP.

michaelonabicycle
    Free Member

Just ordered some Hans Dampf’s from them – got confirmation shortly afetr with tracking number. Half price is worth waiting an extra few days for. Hope they arrive quickly!

barrymccull
    Free Member

I’ll check bike24.de out. Cheers

wrecker
    Free Member

Hibike.de are another good one. Just got a new reverb cheap from them. 😀

cypress warehouse good for POC and some other stuff too.

seavers
    Free Member

Never had a problem with any of the sites mentioned above and bought various things from all of them over the last couple of years. Excellent service TBH. One thing though. Bike 24 asked me to email them a photo of the credit card I used to order with.

This seemed a little odd at first but after some research and asking people on here it was fine. I just blocked out some numbers on the card in photoshop. They only need to see certain bits. Seems like standard practice on the continent.

Janesy
    Free Member

It’s funny as I have ordered from all the German sites and CRC at the same time. Guess who won?

nicholasol
    Free Member

Steer clear of HiBike. My experience was really bad, Good price but worst service I ever experienced online, they messed up my order, wrong and missing items shipped, would not acknowledge or reply to my emails, email ping pong lasting 12 months for a half baked resolution, my advice steer well clear and buy from a reputable online retailer

ononeorange

Bike-Discount are really good. Have an order in at the moment and promptly received an email telling me that it would be 5 days late – not a problem, was offered to change if I anted etc.

Reliable.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Ordered 2 Nobby nics 650×2.35’s.

Were here in 4 days,and 1/2 price.

Excellent

colournoise

First order with bike-discount this week. Ordered a 200 quid Reverb on Sunday and it was delivered today. Top work.

perthmtb
    Free Member

Don’t overlook Bike-Components.de in the roundup of good German sites.

I’ve found they’ve got a wider selection than most of the others, and don’t mind tracking down obscure little parts that aren’t in their catalogue, and they’ll price match the others too!

bruders338
    Free Member

I just ordered a rear maxle 135×12 which i could not get in the uk until April. just checked the DPD site and its being delivered today.

still got to wait until 25th march for the frame (but at least i shall have a rear axle) 🙂

Scapegoat

Steer clear of HiBike. My experience was really bad, Good price but worst service I ever experienced online, they messed up my order, wrong and missing items shipped, would not acknowledge or reply to my emails, email ping pong lasting 12 months for a half baked resolution, my advice steer well clear and buy from a reputable online retailer

Just for balance, I’ve used HiBike.de three times and on every occasion I have had sterling service.

A little tip for anyone buying tyres from Bike-Discount. Don’t accept your first or even second search method as finding the cheapest tyre deals. Twice now I have found that if I search via their main menu it offers me Nics eg Snakeskin Gatestar 2.25 at 33 euro each, but if you type Nobby nic or snakeskin in the search box I found the same tyre at 22 euro.

timb34
    Free Member

Ordered a set of Deore brakes from bike-discount last week, no problems and only 85€ the set (plus 6€ postage). They came front/left back/right (euro style) but that’s how I run’em anyway.

ocrider

[cynic]7 month old thread exhumed for a first post?[\cynic]

proflexforever
    Free Member

Bought a set if Hans dampf tyres from there took 3days to deliver and cost £46 for the pair… you pay that for one over here…..win

atlaz
    Free Member

Just in case anyone resurrects this thread again, bike-discount are great. Stuff is shipped reasonably quickly, prices are pretty low and if you go to the shop, they’ll price match the website too.

nikxl
    Free Member

As its here ill add comment to this. They are superb not much slower to order from them than the uk. Also starbike.com are excellent. It’s worth checking both for the best price, they also speak English if you need to call

Scapegoat

Ordered a pair of Schwalbe NN’s TL, Snakeskin folding on Tuesday evening from Bike-Discount and they arrived today. £50 all in. Awesome.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Bike-Discount.de – Too good to be true?’ is closed to new replies.