Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bike dilemma
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I currently ride a Nicolai Helius CC, it's a fantastic bike don't get me wrong, but there are a couple of downsides.

Rear tyre clearance is a bit limited, especially when running ZTR 355's, the biggest I can get in there is a 2.1" Nobby Nic/Racing Ralph.

It's definatley more biased towards the Cross Country side of things (no surprises there with the name eh 😯 )

I'm thinking or replacing the bike or even just the frame.

It's got a good build – XT, Hope Hoops, Thomson & USE finishing kit – so frame only is an option.

It is however nice and light at just over 26lbs and climbs like a demon, it just doesn't seem to descend as well if you know what I mean.

I've thought about getting an off the peg all in one trail bike and really like the look of the new stumpjumpers, any other ideas?

Ideally i reckon a 140mm travel 'trail bike' thats a bit slacker, but not much heavier would be the ideal option.

If I were to go frame only, what would the collective suggest, I've thought of a Cove Hustler, Yeti 575, Turner 5 Spot and a Chumba VF2 or XCL.

Any other ideas? I don't want an Orange 5 BTW as I just can't get on with the looks.

Oh yeah I'd be running my current forks for the foreseeable – 130mm Rev Dual Airs.

Filthy
    Free Member

Hardtail I'd be tempted to get a Ragley Ti, I've got the blue pig and it goes really well both up and down hills.

If you fancy a Chumba VF2 I'm selling a medium frame here

steve_b77
    Free Member

Already got a HT, a Cove Handjob.

Your VF2 looks good, haven't got the cash right now though.

bonj
    Free Member

hustler
    I love mine

deus

Trance X

MrNutt
    Free Member

St4?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I know the ST4 is 120mm max, and don't really fancy a trance to be honest

ianpinder
    Free Member

Helius ac

steve_b77
    Free Member

Ian, don't think I could ever afford/justify one of those frames.
    Got my Helius CC 2nd hand you see

mangoridebike

I'm selling my Cannondale Prophet frame – advert in the classifieds here: http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-medium-prophet-frame

could be perfect for what you're after

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bike dilemma’ is closed to new replies.