Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bike day today! Where are people going?
  • ratswithwings
    Free Member

Today I’m thinking about the Derwent edge ride from Cut Throat Bridge – up from there and down to Ladybower. Rated as one of the best descents in the Peaks. Anyone agree with that. Show me your pics of said route if you have any.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i think i’ll be doing the same ride.
    see you there dude!
    pivot bearings and bolts sorted then?

ratswithwings
    Free Member

No!!! But sod it I’m riding!!!!

carlos
    Free Member

Off over to Llandegla this evening for a quick blast and a play on the pump track, shame the FR section is closed. Meeting up with a mate so prob more a social thing.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My usual meander along the river to the office this morning. If it’s a nice evening, I might take in a lap of the Park on the way home, maybe even swing by the pub for a beer.

monksie
    Free Member

Down to the Bicycle Smithy (probably) to have some parts swapped on my wife’s cyclocross bike and no, that descent isn’t one of the best descents in the Peak District in my opinion but then again, it depends how big the list is allowed to be. It would be in my top 10 but not in my top 3.

ratswithwings
    Free Member

As big as yer like!!

Off the top of my head I would rate

Lockerbrook
    Win Hill ridge and turning right at the cairn down to Aston
    The Beast
    Howden Moor to slippery stones
    Blacka Moor descents
    Shatton Edge descent to Bradwell
    Howden Edge descent

Does Derwent compare to these?? Hmm…. What about the reverse route… DerEdge to Cut Throat Bridge.

ratswithwings
    Free Member

ouch …… how could I forget Hagg Farm!!!

yunki
    Free Member

bike day..?

in that case I’m going to the discount shop to buy some grease, lube, de-greaser, loctite and copperslip and give my bike it’s annual clean and service..

binners

If it ever stops raining I might go out for a local jaunt tonight

ratswithwings
    Free Member

It’s not raining here!

888trojan888
    Free Member

Just home on my commute thorough Saddleworth up to PBW, Lark Hill and along the tops back to Asthon under Lyne. Hoping the rain eases but not holding my breath………..besides i have my wet clothes to look forward to putting on after my ride/swim thsi morning

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bike day today! Where are people going?’ is closed to new replies.