Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bike crime prevention and deterrents.
  • sharki
    Free Member

Having read the report of the bristol bike thief’s 6 month sentence it got me thinking of a way to deter re offending.

Purely fantasy i know, but i seriously think this could work.
    Of course it’s open to human rights BS and could be over ridden by geeks, but for the average low earthly scum of the planet it WILL stop them re-offending.
    Which leads me to my clever new anti bike crime invention.

You remember the pain device in the film ‘the fortress’ ?
    A simple device that causes pain when the criminal does something unlawful in the eyes of the prison.

A device will be fitted to the offenders body, internally which will cause varied levels of pain over time,when the offender nears a vehicle/device that has a triggering chip.

It could be a simple clamping device, 👿 or internal tazer 😈

Anyone whom has property they wish to protect will purchase a chip(like a data tag) which will trigger the device from a metre away.
    If the offender approaches the property, they will get a subtle reminder that they are near a protected item and should move away. The longer they stay near the item, the device will cause increased discomfort.

Similar to taggings but with added :twisted:, Tamper proof as they’ll need to be scanned by a parole officer weekly(scanner has a chip too) just the test the device.

So, suggestions where to fit the discomfort device.

Cougar

Some form of self-tapping screw fitting, I’m thinking.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Yes then we could sit outside the prison on realease day & chase them on our bikes so they get zapped everytime we get close.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sharki
    Free Member

A pace(maker)wrecker seems a good one, already designed, the knowledge of installations. Just needs reprogramming to alter the heart rhythm to the oh crap i’m having a heart attack.

Step away from the bike and the internal tazer zaps the hearts to get it going again.

Mrnutt, where you after a job in sales? Sell this concept.

mmb
    Free Member

are you out of your mind man! what’s wrong with a good old fashioned axe?.

DougD

– attempted to post up a clip of the “flame thrower” option available on some cars in South Africa but failed.

a bike equivalent could be interesting

sharki
    Free Member

mmb, not sure how an axe would be fitted to the crim, or is it a micro axe that chops away at his spincter?

Hmm, flame thrower bike..

luked2
    Free Member

There’s a bike with a flame thrower designed for the streets of Cambridge, just here:

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home/From-rush-hour-with-love-the-bike-with-007-appeal.htm

Also has an ejector seat.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What if the bike thieves have as much disdain for your Human Rights as you do of theirs?

Just get a decent lock/use a scratty hack bike for commuting.

Oh sorry; this is meant to be a Keyboard Warrior Fantasy thread, isn’t it?

sharki
    Free Member

I haven’t any human rights, the rspca look after me.

Kevevs
    Free Member

that’s rubbish. All future bikes will be like the lawgiver gun in Judge Dredd, encoded with the owners DNA fingerprint. so if you touch my bike, you explode!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bike crime prevention and deterrents.’ is closed to new replies.