Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike computors!
  • bennyh09
    Free Member

Hi guys,
    need to get a bike computor just for recording my rides, i.e. distance, time etc… just wondering what people would recommend.

DezB
    Free Member

I've got one you can have, bought it off here but never fitted it. Fiver?
    You're gonna ask what it is aren't you? No idea!

toaster93
    Free Member

Cateye Strada Wireless

Cougar

+1 for the Cateye. I'm on my second, after losing the first one due to stupidity. I got the Double Wireless, for no justifiable reason. (-:

titusrider
    Free Member

In my experiance on an mtb they are a waste of time. the sensor will get knocked/ snapped off or it will bounce out of its bar mount/ get knocked out when you turn the bike upside down. Wireless sensors are more vulnerable because they are bigger.
    Ive had several and all lasted under 6 months and im generally light on kit. Would suggest a GPS based one as theres no sensor to destry but then they are big bucks!
    otherwise i use a smartphone with gps in my camelbak to give me the sort of info your after.
    (on the road bike ive been pretty happy with the trek wireless one )

darrell
    Free Member

garmin edge 500

no fannying around with sensors or ought

tthew

Garmin Geko if you want GPS but don't want the expense of the Edge versions. Better for navigating as well, just buy some decent rechargable batteries. 101 doesn't interface with a computer so is a bit limited.

IME, wireless computers are better than wired, I've ripped too many thin cables off catching them on undergrowth, but that's before I went to the Geko.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike computors!’ is closed to new replies.