Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • bike computer (strava compatable)
  • mtb1992
    Free Member

Hi people been using strava for some years now and used to use my to record my ride but it kills batt and is a pain. I believe i can now get a computer (on handle bars) that transfers all my ride to strava ?? What have people got I don’t want to spend hundreds.
    Any advice be great
    Tom

mtb1992
    Free Member

Used to use my phone lol

somouk
    Free Member

There are loads, most of the Garmins now do it one way or another.

An Edge 25 would be a small simple one:

smurfly13
    Free Member

The Edge 25 would suit – but cheaper in Aldi if your store has lots (all my local stores still have them!)

https://www.aldi.co.uk/p/70748/0

Simon

I’ve got a TomTom Multisport that will upload wirelessly to the Strava app on my phone.

But when I do use Strava on my phone it hardly uses any battery (Z3 Compact).

mtb1992
    Free Member

Main prob I have Simon is I have a windows phone and the app doesn’t work great with it. Also it kills the batt 🙁

cookeaa

It’s ‘Battery‘ young man, you’re not on pinkbike now!

Edge 25 here, uploads through garmin connect for Android, which then forwards the data on to Strava (so I have a backup record too now), might be worth checking the windows mobile app store to see if connect is available before you plump for a garmin…

Neb

Careful with the edge 25, there’s no 1 second recording so it’s not the best on wiggly mtb trails. No worse than a phone, but no better.

porlus
    Free Member

Just got a Lezyne Mini Gps for my road bike. Pretty good price, can be had for £70.
    Works good for my road bike as I generally know where im going. But for mountain biking might not be any good for you as you cant follow a route.

atlaz
    Free Member

Buy the best Garmin that fits in your budget. If you don’t need an HR strap or speed/power/cadence etc look at the Edge Touring models. If you don’t need mapping (or minimal mapping) look at the 200 or 500 series. For the most part they work really well.

There’s a refurbished 500 with HR and cadence sensor for 88 quid on CRC

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Mio units also auto upload tracks to Strava via their own website, also does the same for Endomondo and some others.
    I’ve set my Mioshare webpage to auto load to Strava and then forget about it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘bike computer (strava compatable)’ is closed to new replies.