Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • bike-components.de
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Anyone bought off these people (Germany?)

Any experiences with CS’s and getting stuff to you, refunds etc?

Cheers

bike components.de

Marge
    Free Member

I use them a lot (as do my mountain bike clubmates)…

Never had any issues whatsoever. Friendly & helpful – speak good english (better than my German anyway).

I travel frequently close by Aachen so easy for me to collect, though I also have stuff posted too without issue…

bonesetter
    Free Member

I ordered a discontinued item which they charged me for (£471 Reba fork)

Charged me Wednesday last, couple of emails later and still not had a refund.

CRC charge on dispatch – much better idea and saves alot of anguish

househusband

Interested to hear about them – they don’t take credit card do they, so have to pay by bank transfer?

alpin
    Free Member

lots of the german online sites don’t allow for credit card payments. paypal or bank transfers (which are free – and so they bloody should be when you have to pay 4€/month for the ‘privilage’ of having a bank account that you are unable to do without…).
    prevents fraud, supposedly. a pain though because if you don’t bank ‘on-line’ you have to make a trip to the nearest branch of your bank, many of which close at lunch for 1 to 2 hours and close at five. thus meaning you don’t easily get to the bank if you are working yourself.

luckily, i’m not.

andytherocketeer

Germany is allergic to credit cards in general. Very few places accept them, and online stores often have extra restrictions on their use (eg my preferred stores won’t accept my non German CC).

Fortunately as a resident I can make use of Cash on Delivery (for a few € extra). That way they can mess me around all they like, but if they do they don’t get paid. I’ve only ever paid up front once… and learned the hard way.

Not used bike-components.de yet, but could be persuaded to give them a try if the price is right.

bonesetter
    Free Member

The price was certainly right – pretty much cheaper than anywhere else. Went with them from a recommendation from another forum user and they were saying they had stock of this fork

Turns out they did not have stock, but took my money anyway – and yes via credit card

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘bike-components.de’ is closed to new replies.