Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bike commuting tonight?
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

It’s “Black Friday” apparently – loads of offices closing up early for Xmas and getting down the pub.

Let’s be careful out there…

flybywire
    Free Member

useful PSA that ❗

Plus poor air quality / smog in places 😕

aP
    Free Member

Yes, and apparently also the busiest day of road traffic. I shall be cruising on my brommie, expecting everyone else to break Charlie’s Rule – “don’t be a dick”.

toby1

Our local paper has referred to it as Black Eye Friday because of all the fights expected over the evening, think I’ll just head home and stay there as I went out last night and I’m shattered now.

I’d second the go careful out there sentiment though.

MarkE25

I’ve managed to cleverly avoid the dangers of commuting tonight by getting knocked off by a car last Friday! Currently at home nursing fractured ribs and a stiff back.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Don’t be a dick, ride to survive.

Xmas will be a lot worse fun without you.

Stay safe xx

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Last nights ride home was pretty hectic, I’m in no rush to get home, cheers for the PSA 🙂

NZCol

I left Glasgow just before 7 and it was carnage ! Cabbie in Edinburgh thanked me and we went for a pint as he lived up the road and as he had taken me home it gave him an excuse to sack it in ! He was so delighted be bought me a beer !!

cumberlanddan
    Free Member

Seemed OK to me but then it is quite rural.

Black eye Friday. A nice little Cumbrian tradition that, though we used to call it black Friday. It took quite a while before I figured out there was no link to Christmas shopping!

garage-dweller

There were a disproportionately large number of people driving in curves on the straights tonight and being super clever and speedy at lane changing and racing everything that was not being driven hero (pissed twit) style. Thank goodness for being in my big heavy car and having the patience to slow down a bit and keep out of their way.

Gather at least one ambulance service has extra cover on tonight.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bike commuting tonight?’ is closed to new replies.