Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Bike commuting problems
  • yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Have started a new job. Nice enough commute, 15 miles mostly on bike paths and across the Forth.

Today I have the following things with me:
    Pants, socks, shoes, a shirt, a jumper, bananas, pulled pork rolls, some hot sauce, phone charger and earphones.

What I don’t have is any trousers.

sandwicheater

Done the same many times but, i sit at a desk and can get away with leaving most things south of my belly button at home.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot this.

[video]https://youtu.be/rX7wtNOkuHo[/video]

smashit
    Free Member

Always have a stash of spares at work! Jeans, tshirt, pants and socks! lesson learned too many times!!

stumpy01

😆

Well, that’s made me laugh on a Monday morning! Thank you!

I hope you don’t suffer too much at work with no trousers!

snownrock

Always good to do it just after you’ve started a new job too

davidjey
    Free Member

In 10 years of commuting by bike I’ve only managed this once. Fortunately I worked city centre at the time, so got changed back into my cycling stuff and was first through the door of Next at 9pm for emergency trouser purchase.

One of my mates recently did the same but realised mid way through his commute and managed to detour en route to buy emergency trousers.

benp1

I have loads of clothes at work for this – suit, shirts, trousers, chinos, jeans, shoes etc

I’ve also got spare pairs of boxers if my normal stash runs out, so I don’t have to spend the day commando

I did once get hit with an emergency when I got to work in my last job. Then back to back meetings. Spent the whole morning in lycra!

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Yeah, at my old job I kept spare trousers, shoes and jumpers in the drawer and just brought in underwear and a shirt.

Bloody 6am alarm.

prawny

I feel for you. I forgot my shirt last week and had to nip to primark to get a cheap replacement in my soggy baselayer. I’ve got a full backup outfit in the office now after forgetting all items at one time or another over the years.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

That makes up for me thinking I was stupid for forgetting my pint of milk for teas/coffees today. 😀

tomaso
    Free Member

This is not a new or unique problem.

spot
    Free Member

ha
    had a colleague wearing his wife’s pregnancy jeans the other day.
    the ones with a giant piece of stretchy fabric in the front.

good laugh
    he’ll look twice before grabbing a pair of jeans in a rush in the morning

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Unfortunately the office is on an industrial estate at the arse end of a small town. Nowhere to buy clothes at all.
    Plus my pal who lives here hasn’t answered my text so hopes of going round to his to borrow some are ****.

Getting the train in tomorrow so will drop off all the extra clothes I need. Not doing me much good in the wardrobe at home.

pdw
    Free Member

Have only done trousers once. They’re big enough that I tend to notice if they’re not in my bag.

Underwear is a different matter. I now keep a spare pair.

DezB
    Free Member

Make some trousers out the banana skins. We’ve all had to at some point.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Been there, done that had a t-shirt 🙂

Actually managed only twice in about 12 years of commuting. But always big time. In my lycra at front of MD announcing redundancies and second time in main-big-office with all possible work force with re-structure speech.

Cheers!
    I.

philjunior
    Free Member

I’ve done this myself once, I now have a “new trousers in before removing old trousers” policy.

Going commando isn’t much of an issue as long as I remember to do my fly up.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Donald, where’s your troosers? 😆

findo_gask
    Free Member

I once put my khaki chinos over the edge of the sink at work while I got ready. Trouble was, I triggered the automatic tap with my hand on the way past, soaking the whole crotch area and most of one leg. Lot of sitting down that morning, to hide what looked like a map of Argentina made out of urine. 😳

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

spare kit at work for emergencies is the answer, even if you only use it once a year it’s still better than walking around with no keks

richmars

I leave shoes and trousers at work. Shoes until they wear out, trousers until they need a wash, and I only take the old pair home when the new pair is at work.

markgraylish
    Free Member

That’s why I always use a pair of (reasonably presentable) outer shorts for my commute…

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Remembered trousers today.
    Be weird if I didn’t since I’m on the train

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Bike commuting problems’ is closed to new replies.