Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bike commute this morning… cold!
  • benp1

First one in October and it was very cold (in relative terms)

It was my first ride since the Summer in so much clothing – knee warmers, winter gloves, softshell jacket (could have done with a beanie or ear warmers)

But it wasn’t so cold by the time I got into London and I couldn’t be bothered to take my the sleeves on my Gore Phantom, so ended up being a bit warm

Being in London I guess we’re a few weeks behind the rest of the country in the cold stakes…?

whitestone
    Free Member

It’s been a bit hit and miss regarding temps round here (just south of The Dales) but this morning was definitely on the cool side.

flange
    Free Member

For once I actually got my kit choice right….well almost, could have done with something under the lid to keep my ears warm. First ride out on super commuter this morning too, which proved I’ve bought the wrong chain…bugger. 4 degrees when I set off, proper chilly!

Tower Bridge being closed this morning was a joy – now trying to work out a route over the river that doesn’t use London bridge…

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Same, frost on car windows and mist rolling in off the fields in essex.

Usual shorts but with a jacket and some 100% Brisker gloves over my mitts this morning.

Above 30mph it was a bit nippy!

mj27
    Free Member

Gabba, defrosters, baselayer, winter gloves, buff & Morvelo stormshield tights.

All toastie, standard kit now until April unless the sun comes back to Yorkshire.

It has taken a while to get the right kit together that works but I think I have it about right, just cost a few £000 getting there!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Last week it was ride in in T-shirt and gilet, ride home in just T-shirt. This morning was long sleeve merino, windproof jacket and gloves.
    There are usually a couple if intermediate stages!

TheBrick
    Free Member

Nippy on Hampshire Dorset boarder too. Thinking about what to do for the feet. Last year was the guest I had consistently cold feet.

scud
    Free Member

Left house in rural Norfolk in kit i wore last week, only to turn round and add two more layers, 6 degrees as i set off and more with windchill off sea.

Went from pitch black and really foggy to bright sunshine directly ahead (and me overheating) in the space of 20 minutes.

But better than being in the car still….

momo

Heavy mist in Lincoln this morning, my beard was dripping by the time I got to the office (only 3 miles). I run quite hot so was just in shirt sleeves and jeans (no point putting proper bike kit on for 3 miles) and some thin gloves, hands were painfully cold by the time I got in, so the Aldi specials may make an appearance on Wednesday.

beej

0.4C on the Garmin this morning, 15 C expected on the way back.

fasthaggis

Toughen up southerners 😉 ,it was 0.1C up ere this morning and I still used mitts and had bare legs*

* I did have to use a lot of swearing to keep warm though 🙂

matts
    Free Member

It was so cold in London that I think my tache wax froze before I could stop for a macchiato.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I got early for a 6am road ride before work. It was cold enough to make me turn round and put an extra layer on. It was well worth it for the stunning sunrise, sky and mist hovering on the fields.

D0NK

Pretty damn cold here bolton->manchester commute.
    arm and knee warmers, gillet, none vented shoes and thank **** I picked up the warm gloves this morning, hands were merely bloody cold instead of completely numb.

Very scenic tho, the golden morning light, clear skies, huge steam clouds coming off the shit tanks at the sewage plant, it was breathtaking.

njee20
    Free Member

I was happy with tights, gloves and a warm base layer for my Dorking – London commute. Didn’t get hot in London either. I imagine I’ll leave tights and gloves here tonight though!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bike commute this morning… cold!’ is closed to new replies.